Moon Hunters is an Adventure RPG with a strong focus on co-op play, with one to four players working together. Developed and published by Kitfox Games (makers of Shattered Planet), it was released on Steam on March 10, 2016.To directly quote the game's "About" section on Steam: "When the moon does not rise over Issaria, monsters to infest the land and cause chaos. You must set out alone or with the other chosen children of the Moon to solve the mystery and restore balance. You have only 5 days before King Mardokh and the Sun Cultists declare war."
This game makes use of the following Tropes:
- Fantasy Character Classes: Seven, each with unique abilities: Spellblade, Witch, Ritualist, Druid, Sun Cultist, Songweaver, and Snowdancer.
- Macrogame: Your character's exploits will be memorialized as constellations, which can then be called upon by future characters.
- Randomly Generated Levels: The world of Issaria is randomized for every play through.
- Roguelike: Different upgrades, conflicts, and decisions will be accessible every run.
- * The Cameo: Mina Han from Battle Chef Brigade appears helping out at the festival.