Monster Truck Madness is a monster truck racing PC game developed by Terminal Reality and published by Microsoft, in 1996. A sequel, Monster Truck Madness 2, was released in 1998.Needs Wiki Magic Love.
The Monster Truck Madness series as a whole contains the following tropes:
- Announcer Chatter: 'Army' Armstrong, who narrates everything from trucks jockeying for position to spectacular crashes to insane jumps. His narration often crosses into Large Ham Announcer territory:
- (Truck goes off-track or crashes through barrier) GRAVE DIGGER is looking for a detour!
- (Player truck starts leaning on two wheels) Lean into it!
- (Truck starts driving on water) MONSTER PATROL is walkin' on water!
- Brand X: Averted. All the major real-life monster trucks from the late '90s are here and drivable by both players and the AI.
- Convection Schmonvection: The only thing driving across magma fields or the lava-filled insides of a volcano does to your truck is slow it down like it was on dirt.
- Game Mod: A wide variety of user-made maps and trucks exist for both games.
- Mad Libs Dialogue: 'Army' Armstrong's dialogue is this whenever he talks about any of the game's monster trucks.'Army' Armstrong: [Monster Truck 1] is doing it in the air!
The orignal Monster Truck Madness contains the following tropes:
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: Yes, monster trucks really can drive on water. No, you can't take a stock monster truck, drive it into a lake, and have it float.
- Bonus Material: The on-line manual (read: electronic offline help system) comes with interviews with actual monster truck drivers and engineers, footage from monster truck rallies, and a video of a modified Bigfoot monster truck driving on water. It also contains, among other non-game-related items, a history of the Bigfoot monster truck and stats on all the monster trucks featured in the game.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The only game in the series to have events which actually resemble your typical monster truck rally and allow monster trucks to drive on water.
Monster Truck Madness 2 contains the following tropes:
- Mayincatec: The "Excavation" circuit.
- Old Save Bonus: If you own the original Monster Truck Madness, the sequel will let you import and play the original tracks.
- Secret Level: The Pit, only accessible by finding the hidden entrance on one of the regular tracks.
- Product Placement: For WCW. Aside from adding WCW-themed monster trucks to the existing roster, several WCW-themed, multiplayer-only track types were added.
- Recycled IN SPACE!: The game's new multiplayer-only tracks all boil down to the concept of professional wrestling WITH MONSTER TRUCKS!