''M.U.S.H.A.'' is a vertically scrolling shoot 'em up by Compile and was released in 1990. It was released on the Genesis/Mega Drive in the US and Japan, but not Europe. It's part of Compile's ''Aleste'' series, and had a sequel on the Sega CD, ''Robo Aleste''.
''M.U.S.H.A.'' is known for being pretty easy as far as shmups go and is a lot of fun. It's kind of a rarity now, and is a popular import title in Europe.
!!Tropes found in ''M.U.S.H.A.'':
* ActionGirl: Terri's one of the few legitimate heroines from the 16-bit era.
* AttackDrone: the Guardian.
* AutobotsRockOut: The soundtrack has a clear ThrashMetal influence, and is one of the most rocking uses of the console's soundchip.
* ContinuingIsPainful: It starts you in the beginning of the level with no extra weapons and a weak main weapon.
* DubNameChange: Ellinor to Terri.
* FunWithAcronyms: Metallic Uniframe Super Hybrid Armor. Not that it was called that in the original Japanese.
* HumongousMecha: The player, the enemies, almost everything, really.
* MechaExpansionPack / MultiformBalance : the power-ups: [[ShockAndAwe Thunder]], [[MakingASplash Wa]][[LuckilyMyShieldWillProtectMe ter]] and [[PlayingWithFire fire]].
* RecurringBoss: The black jet that transforms into a robot. He assaults you in almost every level.
* RedShirt: Your four wingmen are taken out at the opening of the first level.
* SamusIsAGirl: By beating the game on Hard, you're shown a brief still of Terri recovering in a hospital, who is in fact female.