The year is 1666. A mysterious countess attempts to resurrect Dracula by bringing him through a portal. Since there is no Belmont available to fight them, the Powers That Be pull two Belmonts from different time periods into the year 1666 to fight the forces of evil. These two are Sonia Belmont from the year 1450 (who debuted in Castlevania Legends), and Victor Belmont (a new character) from the late 1800s, who had tried to break from his family's lineage of vampire hunters.This game was going to be released for the Sega Dreamcast, but it was canceled partway through development. Most people suspect that this is because Konami didn't have faith in the Dreamcast, as the game was canceled on the same day that Sony announced the Playstation 2.
Resurrection would have provided examples of:
- Action Girl: Sonia.
- Enemies with Death: Death would have showed up as usual, and with a Cool Horse to boot.
- Number of the Beast: The year the game is set in, 1666.
- Also a meaningful year because the game was supposed to be set in London, and this is the year of the Great fire.
- One-Winged Angel: Both Dracula and the Countess.
- Refusal of the Call: Victor wanted nothing to do with his family's job as vampire hunters, but he ended up becoming one anyway.
- The Bus Came Back: Or it would have, had this game not been canceled it would have been the second time Sonia from Castlevania Legends was even in a Castlevania title, let alone a main, playable character.
- The Dragon: The Countess (her real name is unknown).
- Time Travel
- Whip It Good: The Vampire Killer, wielded by both of our heroes.