Video Game: Battleheart
Battleheart is a RPG released for iOS systems in early 2011. The game combines elements of Real-Time Strategy and traditional Turn-Based Combat: Units can be directed to attack monsters or led around the screen to avoid damage or better utilize skills. Most of the strategy comes from the position and movement speed of your units: Squishy Wizard type units neither fight nor move fast, and require that Knights or Monks be next to them or draw monsters' attention to keep them safe, and so on.The plot is...nonexistent. You are invited to hire warriors to go out and kill monsters up and down the land for money, fame, and most importantly, levels.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: A recruitable class, with shades of Ninja in its moveset.
- Dark Is Not Evil: One of the heroes is a witch whose attacks consist of curses and bolts of shadow.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: The starting hirable recruits adhere to this. Revisions have added hybrid classes such as the Paladin.
- Magikarp Power: The Bard has the potential to be a better healer/buffer than the Cleric if his levels are high enough.
- Real-Time Strategy
- Shout-Out: At least one to Final Fantasy and several other popular RPGs.
- Spoony Bard: A recruitable class, who exist as an alternative to the Cleric.
- Western RPG: Although it's mostly a mix of that and Eastern RPGs.