"There's a man going around taking names
And he decides who to free and who to blame
Everybody won't be treated all the same
There'll be a golden ladder reaching down
When the Man comes around - Johnny Cash, When The Man Comes Around.
So, here you are. Along a single troper's page about the many random things he or she may like. You may have clicked on it accidentally, or you may have enjoyed something of theirs and wanted to see what else they enjoy, or maybe you just hit the random button and managed to come over here. But that is your call. At some point, you will scroll the mouse down, maybe see a banner add of two, and maybe you will stop to chuckle. "Hey, I've been in that situation." You might think, or "Hey, this person has a point!" or even more so "Hey, this person seems so SILLY!" that the irony, coincidental, or whatever the actual term they use up in the ivory schools is gets played for laughs, and everyone goes their happy ways. But this is you we are talking about, and maybe you just don't like that. Maybe you come down here, and you find that it all seems arrogant, or that it tries too hard to be funny, or even that it is just another troper looking for their 5 minutes of fame. You can think that, I have no reason to stop you. Hell I have no reason to stop you from doing anything you want to in this world. Or the right, do I? If you stop a bank robbery, and then find out it was a test by the store to see just how good it's own security was, did you do the right thing? Did you have the right to stop it? You would hope so, since common sense says it IS a bank robbery. However, you interfered with businesses, with the firm that acted out the robbery and the bank who needed to test their skills. And so, being on the case of neutrality, the judge lets you off with a warning, telling you to not try and stop bank robbers when you see them. There is that pesky irony again perhaps. But you continue on your merry way, and you see someone have their purse stolen. So, what do you do? Do you chase after the robber, like what was expected of you? Do you stay still and watch, because the judge told you so? Or do you realize that everything above is one massive in joke, and stop reading the passage before it's too late? So, here you are.
SONG OF THE WEEK ARCHIVE April 11-18 2011, The White Cliffs of Dover by Vera Lynn (1942) April 19-26 2011, I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor (1978) April 27-May 04 2011, Personal Jesus by Johnny Cash (2007) May 05-12 2011, All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix (1968) May 13-20 2011, I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye (1968) May 21-28 2011, Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd (1975) May 29-June 05 2011, Move It On Over by Hank Williams Sr (1947) June 06-13 2011, Hello Dolly by Louis Armstrong (1964) June 14-21 2011, Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf (1968) June 22-29 2011, Blue Suede Shoes by Elvis Presley (1956) June 30-July 06 2011, The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra Sr. (1961) July 07-14 2011, Twist And Shout by The Beatles (1964) July 15-22 2011, (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones (1965) July 23-30 2011, Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Guns and Roses (1992) July 31-August 06 2011, Stayin' Alive by The Bee Gees (1977) August 07-14 2011, Light My Fire by The Doors (1967) August 15-22 2011, All These Things That I've Done by The Killers (2004) August 23-30 2011, Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry (1959)
This area is restricted to vandals and/or critics. Since the only difference between the two is one has a license in arts, and the other is a critic.
- Don't stop being awesome. Also, you got The Man Comes Around stuck in my head again. Thanks guy.-TheMalignancy - Glad you enjoyed the song, boss.
- You have forever gotten me hooked on old rock songs. Well, it's better than endless Sonic music... -Hydrall - Old rocks always feel smooth, just like their music. Or y'know, we simply have simplar tastes. :P
- Your irrational hatred for Paper Mario is worrying, but you're a cool guy and a fantastic writer roleplayer, so it all averages out to you being pretty awesome. Also, your hair looks nice. -DoctorThunder - My hatred for Paper Mario is completely rational, no matter wha- Oh, my hair? Why thank you, I did take all this time...
- So how much for your music collection? -Fusionman - An arm, a leg, and a soul for the devil of rock and roll. Actually, it's all free. Free as the sky... Or, y'know, $0.00.
- Here. Have a song for your archive. No need to thank me, I did it out of the goodness of my heart! :P ~ Kiri Ame - Oh, you and your crazy tastes... I bet you dance to this song somehow, don't you?