I am a Brazilian Troper new to the community.I stumbled across TV Tropes on my second year of college. I'm a big fan of Manga,Anime,Games and TV Shows in General.I'm also a bit of a
. Currently working on a Original Series of my own.
on many sites out there(except deviantart). Not related to Ck N. Troper on facebook.
The main protagonist of Fortuna Academy. A quiet half-dragonfolk,half-human guy who has a hard time controlling his powers. After his powers went out of control and he caused an accident that endangered many people from his town, he starts training hard be able to fully control his magic, which lead his parents to send his to the prestigious Fortuna Academy of Magic
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Slices a building in half with one swing of his sword. Much later, he pulls this off by stabbing it. Granted, he had a bit of help from his black flames but still...
- "Anti-Hero": He says he is not a hero by any means, as he doesn't help people who he feels don't deserve the help, such as the majority of Kyoko Town who have shunned him after the Black Flame incident. But he says that he will protect the world Dragna and Dragan sacrificed themselves to protect. He will also justify that he just doesn't like bad guys when saving someone he's not particularly fond of.
- Badass Adorable: Yes, he is a cool-headed intellectual person who becomes a full-blown Blood Knight as soon as he steps on the battlefield...and an absolute teddy bear when it comes to Sora, Yusei and Lyuri. Hell, it even extends to Yumi and Jin.
- Badass Longcoat
- Badass Longhair
- Badass Bookworm: Kicks ass and is a fond lover of books.
- Heartbroken Badass: The aforementioned incident caused his lover's father to return to their hometown with her in town. Said event shook him quite deeply. He slowly gets over it, however.
- Badass Boast: "For people like you, there is one thing I lack. Namely, mercy."
- Badass Nickname: He has two: "The Festival Reaper", due to a certain incident in his school's festival back in his hometown; and "Dragon Prince".
- Battle Aura
- Berserk Button: Don't harm his friends, his family, Sora…just don’t.
- Also, do not insult Sora. Yozora and Milos learned this the hard way.
- Beware the Nice Ones: If he tells you not to mess with him and that he's in a bad mood on the same phrase, don't.
- Blood Knight: Despite sporting a calm demeanor most of the time, he enjoys fighting to his heart’s content.
- Bishōnen: A lot of characters agree, particularly Beatrice, Kanade and Sora.
- Blue Eyes
- The Caretaker: Towards Sora.
- Covert Pervert: He is surprisingly kinky, so Sora says.
- Cursed with Awesome: His black flames are absurdly destructive, but his lack of control means more often than not his flames will also end up damaging himself. And that's not getting into the matter of Mana Poisoning.
- The Determinator: Practically his superpower.
- Deadpan Snarker: One of his defining traits.
- Flash Step
- Fingerless Gloves
- Friend to All Children: Living with two loving younger siblings will do that to you.
- Hyper Awareness
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Ki Attacks: Resorts to these since his bad mana control doesn't allow him to use many spells safely.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Very chivalrous and generally well mannered, and will put his life on the line for the people he cares about. No exceptions.
- Knight in Sour Armor: But at the same time, his own experience with the townsfolk after his powers going out of control and Edward's story make him decide that some people just aren't worth saving. He reluctantly saves said people anyway because, worthless people or not, it's still the right thing to do and he is very aware of it.
- Magic Knight: As 99% of the cast.
- Playing with Fire: His main magical speciality.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When he goes Blood Knight.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: To Iori.
So you're saying that, so Sora can have what YOU perceive as a bright future, you didn't care about how she felt. Or how much you hurt her. Or that you stole from her what she wanted her whole life. Her friends. You deprived her of all freedom and happiness for YOUR selfish definition of what's good for her. You KNEW how important everything was to her, and yet you stole everything important to her! YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT HER FUTURE!! SORA'S FUTURE IS HERS TO DECIDE!! And for the sake of her future...YOU ARE GOING DOWN!
- Shipper on Deck: Like everyone else, towards Edward and Shiori.
- Strong, but Unskilled: His absurdly massive raw magical strength is balanced by the fact his magic control is very unstable.
- Tempting Fate: One day he was walking to school with Yumi and Jin, when they were constantly teasing Ryuuga about getting a girlfriend and Ryuuga says the perfect girl isn't just gonna fall from the sky. Cue Sora falling on his arms.
- Tranquil Fury: He never loses his calm, on the outside. His rage instead shows in harder hits than usual.
- Would Hit a Girl: His first major battles in the series were all against women. He doesn't actually raise a hand against a lady, unless he is attacked first or challenged to a fight by one, as his fights with Karin and Laura demonstrate.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: Well, silver.
Ryuuga's best friend, a mature, outgoing, strong-willed and tomboyish girl. Although mature, she tends to anger easily and is not above disciplining someone with an occasional swift smack. Since they were kids, she had a crush on childhood friend Jin Takamura, but was never able to say it
due to conflicting feelings. After a storm causes Jin to stay the night at her house, Yumi and Jin confess to each other and she ends up being more open about her feelings
. She is often the one to give advice and provide solutions to most situations the group is faced with, and a very reliable figure among the females in the academy, and among the main cast.
- Action Girl: One of the best examples in the series.
- Badass: When Jin points out He and Ryuuga together can't stand a chance against a pissed off Yumi, you know she's this.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The reason she had her crush on Jin.
- Berserk Button: As Lloyd's balls were glad to demonstrate, being an ass to the students won't be good for you if she's around.
- Be an ass to girls, period. Although she's not man-hating. She is quite aware that things can be the other way around.
- Beta Couple: With Jin.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She started as this towards Jin at first. After he comforted her during a stormy night, they both confessed to each other.
- Elemental Powers: Her spell cards allow her to use a wide variety of spells, but her primary element is water.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Subverted; despite her tomboyish personality, she likes cooking, and she's damn good at it.
- Fragile Speedster: The fastest of the main trio, but can't take many hits. Assuming you hit her at all.
- Foil: To Sora, in a way. Yumi is more outgoing while Sora is more introverted.
- Genki Girl: Mild example.
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Glass Cannon
- Hot Amazon
- Lady of War
- Katanas Are Just Better
- Macross Missile Massacre: She can do this with water bullets.
- Making a Splash: While she is able to use other types of Elemental Magic, as Chapter 8 demonstrates, her primary choice is water-based magic.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Official Couple: With Jin.
- Shipper on Deck: To Ryuuga and Sora before they became official, to Shiori and Edward and to Rin and Beatrice.
- Slap Slapkiss: Started as this with Jin.
- Skinship Grope: Loves doing this to Sora.
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo
- The Lancer: Ryuuga's.
- True Companions: With Ryuuga and Jin. It later carries on to Sora, Edward , Rin and Shiori. Same to the entirety of the Disciplinary Comittee.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Sora's Girly Girl.
Ryuuga's other best friend. An upbeat, simple-minded and somewhat reckless boy who loves fighting. He had a rather normal childhood, growing up with Yumi and Jin. Eventually, his home would suffer a major blow as his harpy mother would endlessly put down everyone with insults
and think everyone should be serving her
. Jin eventually has enough of her shit and kicks her out of the house.
- Beta Couple: With Yumi.
- Beware the Nice Ones: You'd think someone this nice and upbeat wouldn't get scary when angered, specially considering he hangs out with Ryuuga. WRONG.
- Blood Knight: Enjoys a good brawl. Also, the best way to get him to do something is by mentioning fighting could be involved. Yumi uses this to her advantage quite a bit.
- Lazy Muscle: He is not dumb by any means, but he is not the brightest of the trio either. He is just very lazy. He is also the one with the greatest physical strength of the trio.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Genius Ditz: He can infuse pieces of jewelry that have lightning encased in the stone, and defying the impossible, managed to pull off the Lightning Fireworks he wanted to brew in a skit.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: A firm believer of this. He had a nosebleed both times Yumi was shown groping Sora.
- Mighty Glacier: He's by no means slow, but he comes up pretty short in comparison to Yumi and Ryuuga. But when he connects, he connects.
- The Dog Bites Back: His mom finds out the hard way that she is no longer welcome in the house after years of mistreatment towards his father, himself and his siblings.
- Shock and Awe
Sora Christine Ikaros
A quiet girl born in Celia. Sora lived a very secluded childhood and lost her mother at the early age of 5. She grew lonely and sad, but that slowly changed as she moved to Kyoko Town and met Ryuuga, Yumi, Jin and Rin, eventually falling in love with the former and slowly opening up to everyone. Unfortunately, the Black Flame Incident endangered her life, causing her Knight Templar Papa Wolf
to move back to Celia away from the "bad influences". But Ryuuga's promise that he'd come for her and the memories of her time with her friends would give her the confidence and strength to pursue her happiness and eventually, she ran away from home and is now on her way back to happiness.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Anguished Declaration of Love: To Ryuuga as she is returning to her hometown the day after, meaning they won't see each other again. For two years anyway.
- Badass Adorable
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Ryuuga remarks that, quiet she may be, there is a "very strong valkyrie inside her".
- Berserk Button: Don't touch Ryuuga, her friends, or her manga drafts.
- Broken Bird: Sora's mother died when she was 5. This alone left her absolutely broken. Then everything went downhill from here. Iori wouldn't let her go outside, ever, and thus Sora grew up having no friends. This lonely background would change after a therapist told Iori that Sora would grow well if she was in a peaceful enviroment where she could interact with people, which prompted The Ikaros family to move to Iori's former house in Kyoko Town, where she'd finally make friends and later fall in love with someone who loved her back...until said Love Interest would be the cause of a Magical Frenzy that devastated a park and endangered her life...causing Iori to go Knight Templar Papa Wolf and take Sora away from Kyoko Town and back to Celia, which also marked his Start of Darkness, resorting to physical discipline everytime Sora "rebelled" against him (read: thought of Ryuuga and her friends). Needless to say, the poor girl was completely traumatized.
- Cry Cute
- Cute Mute: Not exactly mute, but she still is very quiet.
- Emotionless Girl: At first. Even now, she can't show many emotions, but little by little, she's opened up to Ryuuga and the rest of her friends.
- Extreme Doormat: Averted. She is shy and withdrawn, but when Beatrice starts talking her down in front of Ryuuga, Sora promptly shuts the Alpha Bitch up.
- Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex: With Ryuuga after he nearly dies protecting her from Sakki.
- Hidden Depths: Would you believe this quiet Lady of War is a Manga artist?
- Lady of War
- Meaningful Name: As a Winged Humanoid, Sora is fitting.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Post Badass leveling up
- Rapunzel Hair: Post the Time-skip between her departure from Kyoko Town and her return.
- Skinship Grope: She often finds herself on the receiving end of one from Yumi.
- The Ojou
- The Quiet One
- Took a Level in Badass: This Shrinking Violet who feared disobeying her father became massively stronger after inspiration from her friends, stood up to her father, ran away from home, was trained by a Badass Princess and became a confident valkyrie that can take down assassins in one blow. She is still quiet and somewhat shy, but nowhere as insecure as she was at first.
- Turned Against Her Abusive Father
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Ryuuga was fighting Kato, a trained assassin, and lost. Sora saved him right when he was about to be finished off and fights Kato. Kato didn't leave one scratch on her and went down in one hit.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: She was never allowed to interact with people after her mother died, which was when she was 5. So when she starts making friends at the age of 13 and slowly falls in love with him, she doesn't know what to make of it until Yumi explains it to her.
- When She Smiles: Ryuuga mentions the first time he started falling in love with her was when he saw her smiling for the first time.
- Winged Humanoid: Comes with being a Celeste.
A timid boy coming from [[Eagleland Neova]], Redhill Town and keeper of the HellKnight
. He was chosen to be the Hellknight's host at a very young age and never fully understood why it had to be him of all people. As a result of the Hellknight's past deeds, the townsfolk lived in fear that Edward wouldn't be able to control it and let it loose again and so, Edward lived as an outcast, shunned by the people he was meant to keep the Hell Knight
safe from by being his jailer. Later, he was invited to join the academy and passed Tamashii Roda's test, who told him the Academy would provide him with all he needed to truly keep the Hell Knight
- Berserk Button: Do NOT use the word "freak" or "monster" to refer to someone he cares about. And for all that's holy and unholy, do NOT hurt Shiori.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Usually timid, nervous and-DID HE JUST SLICE OFF A BAD GUY'S ARM?
- Blood Knight: Not him, but the Hellknight.
- Cursed with Awesome: Having the Hell Knight sealed into his body. It makes everyone hate him but the trade off is access to its massive power gives him strength that is enough to rival Beattia, The Dreaded rogue student from Fortuna Academy that has enough power to rival Tamashii. But the cursed part is gone now that he found True Companions in Ryuuga, Yumi, Jin and the rest of the Disciplinary Committee, and an accepting Love Interest in Shiori.
- Death Glare: He finds himself giving these whenever he's serious, as Beattia learns the hard way.
- Despair Event Horizon: It's already bad enough that the townsfolk shunned him a la Konoha, but the one girl outside of his family, Yukiko, that actually believed in him ends up hating him thanks to Edward's powers going out of control and hurting her by accident. That drives Ed all the wait to the other side of the horizon.
- The Determinator: He's gone through a lot more than Ryuuga did, but never gave up. Except for one unfortunate moment that fortunately wasn't concluded thanks to Tamashii, Jet and Aria's intervention.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Moreso than Ryuuga. Where as Ryuuga edges into Anti-Hero territory, Ed is a full-blown Lawful Good hero.
- Magic Knight
- The Woobie: Holy.Shit.
- You Are Not Alone: Someone finally says that to him after all the crap he went through.
The Fortuna Academy Disciplinary Comittee president and leader. A Tenebrian
orphan who grew up in an orphanage, who slowly developed an affinity for guns, eventually getting a pair of guns, one black, one white, from the orphanage lady as a keepsake from the house he was found in. Hiruma is level-headed and a reasonable person, but also observant, able to see through people's lies in their expressions and body reactions.
Raziel "Oni" Fernandes
among the academy, Raziel is a second year student that is pretty much one of the most feared students in the academy
. His nickname comes from his imposing aura and demonic appearance. His face is hidden to hide scars from a past event which left more than physical scars on him. He seems very unnaproacheable, but he's oddly often seem near the room where Fortuna Academy's local band seems to practice.
An agent of darkness who seeks powerful magical relics with the intention to use their power for her personal goals. She is the current villain of the series.
- Casting a Shadow
- Crazy-Prepared: She had a fake corpse prepared in case her first attempt to raid Dragan's Manor failed, and she always has a counter-measure to whichever bumps she may run into on the course of her plans' execution.
- The Dragon: She seemed to be the Big Bad at first, but it is revealed she is merely the second-in-command of her organization.
- Evil Is Hammy: Very flamboyant.
- Royal Ringlets
A serial-killer/necromancer who collects souls to fuel her magic, with a clear passion for blood and death. Seeks to become immortal.
- Blood Knight
- Evil Is Hammy: She takes after he mistress quite well.
- Expy: A flamboyant villain that goes around the world to help fuel the goals
- Meaningful Name: Youkai Sakki means literally "Demonic Bloodthirst".
- Number Two: To Karin.
- Villanious Breakdown: She starts cracking when nothing she throws at Kenpachi works. Then she gets the tables of fear turned on her when she starts shaing in fear of Kenpachi before meeting with her untimely demise. At least, her fake corpse's.
Daran Jack "DJ" Beattia
“The weak are nothing more than food for the strong”
A former Fortuna Academy student, Beattia is a Social Darwinist
that believes only the strong will be fit to live. He sent a fellow student to near-death at one point, which got him expelled. Spiteful, he seeks payback, and joined Karin to do so.
- Ax-Crazy: He is always with his wide grin and manic eyes, no matter the situation. He also gets a little too excited when facing Tamashii.
- Blood Knight: See Ax-Crazy.
- Death Seeker: His last words to Tamashii before Shiori intervened imply that he longs for a fight to the death.
- It Amused Me: He seems to perform all of his vile acts for the sole reason panic and chaos amuse him.
- Jerkass: He constantly taunted Edward and Tamashii during their encounter, tried to kill Shiori twice out to spite Edward and Tamashii and did not care one bit about the fact he nearly killed a fellow student.
- Social Darwinist: See his quote.
- This Cannot Be!: When Edward slices his arm off.
- Worth Opponent: Views Tamashii, and later Edward, as one.
Iori Clifford Ikaros
“I'll defeat you...and bring that rebbelious brat home and put her in her place!!!”
Iori is Sora's very cold and strict father. Formerly a cold person with good intentions, Iori ends up losing his way with the death of his wife Angelica. Unable to cope with the loss, Iori did all in his power to keep Sora inside the household, as to not lose her like he did Angelica. He decides to move to Kyoko Town hoping it'll do good to her daughter, but an incident caused by Ryuuga causes Iori's Heel Realization to come to a stop midway and become a full-blown Knight Templar in his urge to protect his daughter, and so takes her back to their hometown afterwards, resorting to physical discipline to stop Sora from pursuing her happiness. But Sora's love for Ryuuga was greater than anything else and so she eventually ran away. The family stewardess, Stella, followed suit, and so, Iori's life fell apart. He still searches for Sora.
- Antagonistic Breakdown: He is not a villain per se, but an antagonist nonetheless. It took Sora leaving him, Stella leaving him and Ryuuga giving him the mother of all No Holds Barred Beatdowns AND a very well placed "The Reason You Suck" Speech to make him realize just what he caused to himself and his daughter. He breaks in tears and starts endlessly cursing himself afterwards.
- The Atoner: After losing to Ryuuga, he decides to make amends starting with apologizing to Kenpachi and Rose for insulting Ryuuga in front of them and giving Ryuuga a piece of Magitek armor that stabilizes his magical control.
- Authority Equals Asskicking : Iori is called the Winged Don for a very good reason. It doesn't, however, help him at all against Ryuuga.
- Berserk Button: If laying a finger on Sora won't get Ryuuga after you, chances are you'll have this guy after your ass instead.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: He's usually calm, and collected, but put Sora in risk and he'll show why you should beware. He also loses the quiet a considerable lot after Sora runs away.
- Blown Across the Room: After being hit with Ryuuga's point-blank Bakuhatsu Tenryuuken. Across the room AND right into the outside of the Fontaine Villa.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Below his right eye.
- Jerkass: He earned the moniker King Asshole.
- Light Is Not Good: His magic is primarily light-based, but he spends nearly the entirety of the first half of the series as an antagonist. At least until Ryuuga beats it out of him.
- Large Ham: See his quote.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Yes, Iori. By all means, do shout that you've beaten up your daughter in front of her very protective boyfriend who has a grudge against you. That won't backfire in the slightest.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: He was on the receiving end of a NASTY one from Ryuuga. Kenpachi notes Iori was lucky to only come out of it with a few bruises and a few cracked bones.
- Papa Wolf: For better or worse, one thing is for certain: He only has Sora's well-being in mind. Of course, his actions prior to his encounter with Ryuuga heavily contradict this.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: No less than two, one from Stella and one from Ryuuga, both essentially calling him out on how much his Papa Wolf instincts became borderline Knight Templar territory and how much it permanently damaged his relationship with his daughter.
- Scars Are Forever
- Spam Attack : Has this in Hephestus Storm, which is a Macross Missile Massacre of Light Beams.
- Ungrateful Bastard: He was absolutely livid over Ryuuga endangering Sora's life by accident and when Sora runs away from home and Ryuuga nearly dies protecting her, he calls Ryuuga a monster for endangering Sora and shouts that he'll never allow a monster like him to be near Sora. When his parents and big sister are present.
- What an Idiot: "Physical discipline wasn't enough...next time...I'll impose even harsher measures to keep that brat under control!!!" Oh Iori, you really shouldn't have said that...
The Ikaros family's chief stewardess and Sora's sister-figure.