- He is an Englishman. Born and raised in Norfolk, but escaped to Manchester. Then Stoke-On-Trent. Then one night under a bridge. Then London.
- Really called Dave.
- Stole his online handle from Red Dwarf. Well, no bugger else was going to use it.
- Bum. Got fired for looking up "fuck" on Wikipedia. (He shits ye not.) Is currently
looking for a techy "go round and fix computers" job, without much success employed fixing people's computers in PC World, with plenty of customers telling him he should quit and start his own business. (He's thinking about it.)
- Has a degree in Mathematics, which causes him intense pain when he watches news stories about 25 year olds who can't work out one eighth of 32.
- Has a phenomenal memory, which is why he's mainly adding examples to existing tropes rather than trying to think of any of his own. Although he has a couple of ideas...
- Found this place after someone mentioned it on a Buffy forum.
- Currently watches/plays/observes/eats/entry pimps the following: (and could probably make some form of contribution to, if he could be arsed)
- Video Games
- Monkey Island
- Grim Fandango
- Day Of The Tentacle
- most other LucasArts adventures, before they got bored and just decided to hock the hell out of Star Wars
- Final Fantasy (completed I, II, III, IV, V, VII, IX, X, X-2, TA and TA2; working on VI; also has VIII, XII, XIII and XIII-2in the pipeline)
- Guitar Hero
- Wolfenstein 3D
- Chrono Trigger
- Command & Conquer (not the Red Alert series, though - that sucked)
- Warcraft (not World Of, though - that's just sad)
- Dune II
- screw it, most decent RTSs
- old things (big, big retrogamer)
- anything which helps to resolve the misguided Americocentric assumption that The Great Video Game Crash of 1983 was the only significant event in gaming history (if you've ever seen a video game trope page where somebody's mentioned an example from a game "for the ZX Spectrum, making this Older Than The Nes", there's a 99% chance it's This Troper's fault)
- probably a crapload of others too
- other stuff
- he's read the first Dune.