Tropers / Dark Chirano
Describe Dark Chirano
Whatever you say, man.
Where do I begin...? I suppose it all started when I saw the Disney version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
. I was young, the world was old, and the color of the wall was some sort of yellow. There I was, minding my own business, when suddenly I saw something that would unknowingly change my life forever: I saw the dwarves march on a log bridge.
At that moment, the seeds of a greater purpose planted themselves with me, waiting for nourishment. That nourishment...came in the form of continually drawing. However, the quality of my drawings...weren't exactly anything to write home about.
Further artistic nourishment came in the form of another art that pencils and pens are used for- writing. I used to write stories all the time. However, they too weren't works of Shakespeare- they were more works of that guy down the street.
Still though, I persevered, striving to learn how to do stuff correctly. And one day, it did.
For at school, I had access to Adobe Flash, and I realized, for the first time in my life, what exactly I wanted to do: I wanted to animate. So I worked with the program, and while not the best animations, people still found them pretty cool
I then went down one of the final roads to fulfill my dream- college. Among many techniques, I learned a drawing technique that proved to be my greatest asset- the drawthrough technique (drawing basic shapes that make up a character/object, then outlining in the most logical way).
Now (not later, now), I decide to help keep the quality standards of TV Tropes afloat, given it's correlation to the methodology of various works in various fields, as well as make TV Tropes a better place.
This...is my story. And you can be part of it- if you want.
TROPES ASSOCIATED WITH ME
- Berserk Button
- Robin Hobbs' anti-fanfic rant was the worst, most condescending thing I had ever read. So much so that I wrote what essentially amounted to a certain finger aimed towards the rant.
- Doing It for the Art: Because if you're good enough at something, you'll get the money anyways.
- Fanwork Ban: Averted- I'm big on the pro-fanfic side, and find the origin of why it happens to be taken as gospel way too much.
- Lost Forever: Purposely played straight with the rip-off stories mentioned below.
- Accidentally played straight, however, with a Flash Animation of a short version of Queen's "One Vision" song.
- My God, What Have I Done?/Old Shame
- For one, my original non-school-related stories and characters...were all ripoffs. Utter, complete ripoffs. I went so far as to dispose of my absolute least favorite ones when I got the chance to. Years later, some concepts were revived, yet massively redesigned to be far more original.
- For another thing, I once wrote a Blogger blog where, in the first and only entry, I said very unflattering things about a certain TV Tropes moderator. However, only a scant YEAR later, I realized it was out of character and rather insulting of me to do so. So I deleted the blog in shame, and to this day, I feel remorseful and sorry for any emotional pain I caused the subject of my blog.
- Serious Business: The execution and application of an idea within the greater work.