- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Evil Colonel Brinkley (Der Schatz im Silbersee) is Louis Harvey and Tigranes Levantus. By the way, Herbert Lom (who was born in Prague) did not have to be dubbed into German by another actor, unlike Lex Barker and Pierre Brice.
- Sam Hawkens (Ralf Wolter) was Borodenko in One, Two, Three. Wolter also played Hadschi Halef Omar in the Kara Ben Nemsi films, again as Lex Barker's sidekick.
- In Winnetou II, Klaus Kinski plays Forrester's main and most evil henchman.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Colonel Brinkley is Chief Inspector Charles Dreyfus.
- Fred Engel (Der Schatz im Silbersee) and Martin Baumann (Unter Geiern) are played by Kommissar Schimanski.
- Mario Girotti (Lieutenant Merril in Winnetou II and another character in Unter Geiern) became a big star in the 1970s under the name Terrence Hill.
- Star-Making Role: A young Serbian stuntman called Gojko Mitić had a tiny part in Old Shatterhand. Impressed with his athletic build, the makers of Unter Geiern cast him as the young Assiniboin chief Wokadeh, crediting him as "Georg Mitic". Starting a year later Mitić played the lead in the first of a whole series of DEFA Westerns which turned him into the biggest box-office draw in East Germany and made him famous in many parts of Europe. In later days he would even become Pierre Brice's successor as the Winnetou of the open-air festivals in Bad Segeberg.