- Cool Guns: Charlie's Bear-slayer and Henry Rifle paired with Winnetou's Silver Rifle. They do (sort of) exist today in Karl May Museum "Villa Shatterhand".
Karl May had obtained at some time around 1902 three rifles to "prove" the Real Life base of his tales, but he got them pretty wrong:
The Bear-slayer Rifle is a 4-bore caplock double rifle made in 1855 in England for elephant-hunting. The Silver Rifle is a smaller calibre caplock double rifle non-functional and richly decorated with silver studs. Double rifles were nearly inexistent in the Old West, where the typical guns were repeaters, single-shot large caliber rifles or double-barrel shotguns.
The Henry Rifle is a Real Life Model 1866 rifle patented by Henry and made by Winchester. While more modest compared with it's literary counterpart which could hold 25 cartridges, it was never a one-of-a-kind, custom made model, but a mass-produced gun made by the hundreds of thousands and wielded by settlers and Indians alike.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Colonel Brinkley is Chief Inspector Charles Dreyfus.
- Fred Engel (Der Schatz im Silbersee) and Martin Baumann (Unter Geiern) are played by Kommissar Schimanski.
- Mario Girotti (Lieutenant Merril in Winnetou II and another character in Unter Geiern) became a big star in the 1970s under the name Terrence Hill.
- Star-Making Role: A young Serbian stuntman called Gojko Mitić had a tiny part in Old Shatterhand. Impressed with his athletic build, the makers of Unter Geiern cast him as the young Assiniboin chief Wokadeh, crediting him as "Georg Mitic". Starting a year later Mitić played the lead in the first of a whole series of DEFA Westerns which turned him into the biggest box-office draw in East Germany and made him famous in many parts of Europe. In later days he would even become Pierre Brice's successor as the Winnetou of the open-air festivals in Bad Segeberg.
- You Look Familiar: Karin Dor played the role of Ellen Patterson in The Treasure of Silver Lake. In Last of the Renegades, she played Winnetou's Love Interest, an Indian girl Ribanna. And in "Winnetou and Shatterhand in the Valley of Death" she plays Mabel, the daughter of major Kingsley.