* NoBudget: The filmmakers were given $100,000 and told to edit the first film to pass it off as a sequel.
* OldShame: Per [[http://www.coolasscinema.com/2017/01/cool-ass-cinema-presents-interview-with.html this interview]], Eric Freeman seems to vacillate between disowning the movie and embracing it. He agrees that his performance is too over-the-top (which he blames in part on the director, who refused to give Freeman feedback on his acting aside from repeatedly saying that he was "not nutty enough") and that the movie itself isn't very good, but he did enjoy making the film and appreciates the cult status it's gained over the years.
* TheOtherDarrin: If you count the flashbacks to ''Film/SilentNightDeadlyNight'', Ricky is played by at least five different actors throughout the film. Hilariously, the twelve-year-old Ricky from the sequence where he is adopted by the Rosenbergs looks younger than the Ricky who appears in the final scene of ''Film/SilentNightDeadlyNight''.
* TheOtherMarty: ''Part 2'' reshot some of the sequences that Ricky had appeared in during the first film, since the actor that originally played him was too old to reprise the part. Unfortunately they didn't do a very good job of it, with the result that the actor playing the young Ricky often changes ''in the middle of a scene''.
* RecycledSoundtrack: Music from the 1983 film ''The Alchemist'' is reused.