* DevelopmentGag: "[[spoiler:Scribblenaut]]" spawns the original protagonist before he was changed to Maxwell. [[spoiler:Your reward for HundredPercentCompletion is the ability to play as that character]].
* FreezeFrameBonus: ''Scribblenauts'' was developed by 5th Cell. Go look at their logo. Now go look at the cover of the notepad Maxwell holds on the cover of the first game.
* KillerApp: Even before its release, millions of DS units were sold just for the game.
** Maxwell's NiceHat, as a matter of awesome fact.
** When you pre-order the sequel, [[http://www.destructoid.com/pre-order-super-scribblenauts-get-plush-headphones-181090.phtml as you can see]], you get some nice plush headphones. They come in grey, polka-dot, and the pictured camouflage.
** When you pre-order ''Scribblenauts Unlimited'', you get [[http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/234018-421740_10151050213214646_419880108_n.jpg your choice of revamped versions of]] either Maxwell's, his sister's, or his Doppleganger's NiceHat.
** Pre-ordering [[http://store.steampowered.com/app/218680/ the third game on Steam]] gets you his NiceHat in VideoGame/TeamFortress2. It's been dubbed [[http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/218680/extras/banner.jpg The "Cockfighter"]].
* RecursiveAdaptation: ''Unmasked'' contained a tie-in comic as a pre-order bonus. Said comic has since spun off into its own eight-part comic mini-series.
* ScienceMarchesOn: ''Chilantaisaurus'' summons a spinosaurid in both games, although it [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neovenatoridae apparently belongs to a group]] that wasn't recognized until after the first edition was released.
* ThrowItIn: When someone actually succeeded at "Stump The Dictionary" at E3 (like with "plumbob"), the devs made a note to add the word before release. They also threw in the references to Feep's famous post.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://scribblenauts.wikia.com/wiki/Scribblenauts_Wiki Here.]]