* FreezeFrameBonus: ''Scribblenauts'' was developed by 5th Cell. Go look at their logo. Now go look at the cover of the notepad Maxwell holds on the cover of the first game.
* KillerApp: Even before its release, millions of DS units were sold just for the game.
* RecursiveAdaptation: ''Unmasked'' contained a tie-in comic as a pre-order bonus.
** Said comic has since spun off into its own, eight part comic mini-series.
* ScienceMarchesOn: ''Chilantaisaurus'' summons a spinosaurid in both games, although it [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neovenatoridae apparently belongs to a group]] that wasn't recognized until after the first edition was released.
* ThrowItIn: When someone actually succeeded at "Stump The Dictionary" at E3 (like with "plumbob"), the devs made a note to add the word before release. They also threw in the references to Feep's famous post.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://scribblenauts.wikia.com/wiki/Scribblenauts_Wiki Here.]]