* In the Mallcop storyline, three QR codes are shown:
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-03-22 Here]] -- which says:
--> UID=ADMIN PASS=DEFAULT CMD=SLEEP[600sec noprompt fnord]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-04-20 Here]] -- which says:
--> UID="ADMIN" PASS="DEFAULT" CMD="sleep, 600sec, noprompt, fnord"
** and [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-05-02 Here]] -- which says:
--> fnord UID=*** PASS=*** CMD="overwrite daylog, prev 28800 sec, sleep, 6000sec, noprompt" fnord
* ContestWinnerCameo: Lieutenant Pibald and Corporal Pontucci are modeled after winners of a contest on the Schlock Mercenary forums.
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2003-09-06 The chupaqueso]]. Fried cheese filled with gooey cheese.
** On the other, more horrible hand, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1q_e6dEoWk Smutto]]. [[ForeignQueasine Corn smut + natto]].
** And now [[https://www.schlockmercenary.com/blog/puckerdoodles/ Puckerdoodles.]]
** The often-quoted in-universe book "Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries" now has a real-world print version, thanks to the successful Planet Mercenary RPG kickstarter.
* ScheduleSlip: Completely and absolutely averted. The strip was a couple hours late--''Twice''. Once because the comic's server farm exploded, and the second when Howard had the abrupt realization his strip buffer (ie, the strips he'd had prepared in advance) hadn't been as large as he'd thought. Both times, it was up before midnight the same day.
* ScienceMarchesOn: The Milky Way is consistently depicted as a regular spiral; fortunate, since a barred spiral would have made [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2005-06-11 this strip]] a bit more blatant.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://schlockmercenary.wikispaces.com/Welcome Ovalkwiki.]]