- Hey, It's That Guy!: Live-Action Adaptation Ginko is portrayed by Joe Odagiri, known in Tokusatsu fandom as Yuusuke Godai.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Many Funimation regulars are used for the dub, most notably Travis Willingham as Ginko. This can practically turn each episode into trying to guess who voices the character of the day!
- Hilariously, most of the recurring Japanese cast members also have major roles in Detroit Metal City - Yuto Nakano (Ginko) as Alexander Jagi, Ai Kobayashi (Tanyuu) as the manager of Death Records, and Yuji Ueda (Adashino) as Krauser himself. It's an amusing contrast to their mostly low-key performances as their Mushishi characters, to say the least.
- Name's the Same: Happens a few times. For instance, the names "Kodama" and "Fuki" have been used for both a type of mushi and an unrelated Character Of The Day.
- Playing Against Type: You'd be forgiven if you were surprised that Yōko Hikasa played The Quiet One Teru.