For the NBC television series:
- Actor Allusion:
- Dean Cain guest stars in one episode as the owner of the casino. He spends two hours walking around in disguise. James Caan's character, meanwhile, had spotted him on the security cameras from the beginning, and comments "Does he really think a hat and a pair of glasses can make him invisible?"
- He also appears when the Monticito is hosting a comic convention where it is revealed Ed went to him to take back the casino from Monica. As the comic book style scene shows, she's about to get an ass kicking, or more appropriately Superman is flying in to save the day.
- Vincent Ventresca and Paul Ben-Victor guest starred as a quirky duo, echoing their dynamic from The Invisible Man.
- Ed Deline asks Danny and Mike if they've seen The Godfather, and then quotes the famous line "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer". Ed is played by James Caan, who played Sonny Corleone in that film.
- Josh Duhamel (Danny McCoy) gets two alluding to his relationship (later marriage) with Fergie, a member of the Black Eyed Peas. When the band guest stars in the show, she refers to Danny as being hot when she sees him. In a later episode, Danny sees a poster of her hanging in a teenager's room and comments on it.
- The Danza: Wheelchair-bound security specialist Mitch played by real life paraplegic actor Mitch Longley.
- Retroactive Recognition: This wouldn't be the last time Dave Foley hung out in Las Vegas.