* CreatorBacklash: Kevin S. Bright's feelings are highlighted nicely in the page quote. He was reportedly not terribly upset when the series was canceled.
* IAmNotSpock: Lampshaded in one episode with Brent Spiner, who is known for playing the android Data in ''Star Trek''.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: Season 2 specifically. Odds are you can still find a Region 1 DVD set, but it's noticeably costlier than the more readily available Season 1.
* MissingEpisode: Eight episodes from season 2 were unaired due to the show being prematurely canceled, though they are available on DVD.
* NoExportForYou: Season 1's DVD set was released pretty much everywhere the show was aired. The DVD set for Season 2 was only ever released in Canada, while they will play on most Region 1 DVD players, they're long out of print, not to mention very pricey.
* TheOtherDarrin: Gina was originally played by a different actress on a 1997 episode of ''Friends''.
** Ditto for Mary Theresa in her one shot appearance.
* RomanceOnTheSet: Along with playing the main love interests in the show, Matt [=LeBlanc=] and Andrea Anders went on to become a real-life couple
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: NBC made the boneheaded decision to put Joey opposite ''Series/AmericanIdol'' and predictably its ratings soon declined--to the point that the show then got canceled midway through season 2, leaving eight episodes unaired.
** Added bonus. As the trope header says, Kevin Bright had none too kind an opinion of NBC reconstructing the Joey character, coming out and blaming them for the show's failure on more than one occasion.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Plans to have the cast of ''Friends'' guest star were never fulfilled.
* YouLookFamiliar: Joey's new agent Bobbi and [[spoiler: Gina's ex/Michael's father]] both appeared in ''Friends'' as different characters. Also, Brent Spiner appeared as himself in one episode, and was previously one of Rachel's bosses on ''Friends''.