Trivia: High Fidelity
- Actor Allusion: One scene shows Rob Gordon drenched with rain, pouring his heart out in a phone booth, which is a reference to his role in Say Anything.
- Dawson Casting: Only the flashbacks where John Cusack plays the older teenage version of himself.
- In the flashbacks where, in the book, Rob was about thirteen, he is played by Drake Bell.
- Disowned Adaptation: When asked, after the film adaptation was released, what High Fidelity was about, Nick Hornby pointedly answered, "London".
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Drake as the young Rob.
- Never Trust a Trailer: The US trailer for the film describes Rob as running a "successful business", although the record store is laughably unprofitable and a plot point in the film is that Rob had to borrow five thousand dollars from Laura to keep from going under, which he's unable to pay her back even several months later.
- Real-Life Relative: Laura's best friend Liz in the film is played by Joan Cusack, John Cusack's sister.
- Star-Making Role: Perhaps not star-making, but this was Jack Black's breakout role and one of his first which allowed him to stretch his comedic muscles.