* ActingForTwo: Nancy Loomis reappears both to play Annie's corpse, and to supply the voice of Sally - the girl Alice is talking to on the phone before she gets killed.
* BannedInChina: Banned in Iceland and West Germany, due to violence and nudity. The video was banned in Norway.
** Creator/JamieLeeCurtis has only twenty five minutes of screentime in the final film, despite getting top billing. But in the TV cut, she has a few extra scenes.
** Charles Cyphers is billed third, but his character (Sheriff Brackett) disappears less than halfway into the film, never to appear in the franchise again.
** Anne Marie Martin, who played Wendy in ''Film/PromNight1980'', has an uncredited cameo as Karen's friend Darcy. She came on to help out when reshoots were being done.
** Dick Warlock's (The Shape) son Billy appears as one of Ben Tramer's friends.
* CreatorBacklash: Creator/JohnCarpenter feels that this was an inferior script and says that the only thing that got him through the writing process was a six-pack of Budweiser every morning.
* DawsonCasting: This time it's a little more pronounced than its predecessor, as the still 17/18 year old Laurie is played by a now 23 year old Jamie Lee Curtis (thanks to this ImmediateSequel being filmed three years later).
* ExecutiveMeddling: Creator/JohnCarpenter himself went behind Rick Rosenthal's back to shoot extra scenes that added more gore, feeling the movie had to compete with the BloodierAndGorier slasher films on the market.
* MoneyDearBoy: The only reason Creator/JohnCarpenter and Debra Hill made a sequel, originally feeling that the first was a standalone story.
** An early idea was to have the film take place in a high-rise apartment building. It was later changed to Haddonfield hospital.
** Debra Hill claimed that they toyed with the idea of shooting for 3-D. But as the film would take place mainly at night, that idea was abandoned.
** Charles Napier (''Film/RamboFirstBloodPartII'', ''TheSilenceOfTheLambs'') was originally cast as Marshall Gummell, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.
** Edward Albert (of ''Series/PowerRangersTimeForce'' and ''GalaxyOfTerror'' fame) was reportedly cast as one of the Sheriff's Deputies, but left for unknown reasons.