Trivia: Gone in Sixty Seconds (1974)
- Blooper: At one point in the chase, the police crash into a garbage truck, causing it to tip over onto a car. In that scene, you can see the wires used to pull it over.
- It appears they they tried to hide this by putting power lines in the background.
- Fatal Method Acting: A sequel to the film was in the works, up until H.B. Halicki was crushed to death by a telephone pole in the middle of filming it.
- Life Imitates Art: 1-Baker-11 has a camera mounted on the dash, presumably to record the car chase for police files. Police cars would not be equipped with cameras for another decade and a half.
- No Budget
- The 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Hallicki is driving in the beginning and after arriving at the airport was borrowed from a friend. After driving it at 100 MPH for several stretches, the lifters were loose and hammering. The owner was not happy (most likely the lifters weren't tightened properly to begin with).