- Channel Hop: Actually, more like a production company hop; the first season was produced by New World Television, and when they sold most of that division to Sony, they used that library to reactivate TriStar's TV division, which then produced the second season.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Jackie Earle Haley popped up as Cousin Donald.
- Real-Life Relative: Like Fred and Chris, father-and-son Bob and Chris Elliot.
- What Could Have Been: Word of God says the show started out as a pilot for an American version of Britcom The Young Ones, with Elliott in the Rik Mayall role. the pilot was shot, but was shelved for Mirkin and Elliott to come up with a new idea.
- Mirkin also said if the show had had a third season, Chris would of become a homeless drifter, trying to make the people he ran into's lives better, but because he's Chris, only make them worse.