* DescendedCreator: Ralph Bakshi is the more competent pig-cop.
* DisownedAdaptation: Creator/RobertCrumb drew the comic "Fritz the Superstar" in order to kill off Fritz because of the political viewpoint of the movie.
* FollowTheLeader: A slew of cheaply-produced, quickly-forgotten animated films for adults which weren't much more than cartoon porn came (no pun intended) in the wake of this film's success, many of which had taglines that read as some variation of "IF YOU LIKED ''FRITZ THE CAT'', THEN YOU'LL LOVE..!" ''WesternAnimation/DownAndDirtyDuck'' was probably the most well known of these films, but much like ''Fritz'', it has a cult following, just not as big.
* NamesTheSame: Blue Bunny shares his name with a popular, long-running, American brand of ice cream. And no, it's unlikely that the latter is laced with drugs, no matter how addictive it is to eat.
* PlayingAgainstType: Fritz is voiced by Skip Hinnant, who at the same time was a cast member of ''Series/TheElectricCompany1971''.