- Creator Couple: David Crane and his life partner, Jeffrey Klarik created the series, and wrote every episode together.
- Dawson Casting: The "kids!" on Pucks!. It gets lampshaded when Sean and Beverly hear from one of the actors about his divorce leading to their surprise at how old he is, leading him to say:
Actor: You should see the guys on Glee, they're like 50.
- Executive Meddling: Invoked in-universe. This is the main subject of the show. Merc Lapidus actually has a fairly respectable desire for his network to produce original shows, sick of the bandwagon thinking and Lowest Common Denominator appeal that he sees everywhere in Hollywood. Unfortunately he's so crippled by a complete lack of originality himself and a need to get instant gratification in the ratings that he turns every show he gets his hands on into the same bland dross he complains about.
- Fake American: Brits Daisy Haggard (Myra the network executive), Joseph May (Andy), Scarlett Patterson (Wendy the assistant), Sophie Rundle (Labia) and James Purefoy (Morning's brother Rob). Purefoy's American accent is quite terrible.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Beverley is played by the versatile Tamsin Grieg, also known as Fran, Caroline and Debbie Aldridge, while Sean is fellow Green Winger Stephen Mangan.
- International Coproduction: BBC/Showtime.
- Write What You Know: A British/American sitcom about writing an American remake of a British sitcom, written by American sitcom writers. In America!