- Crowning Moment of Funny: At his father's funeral (which the whole network attends), Merc stops greeting guests in order to scream across the graveyard at an employee: "Your one job is to stop her falling into the goddamn hole!" Cut to Jamie, his blind wife, walking slowly towards the grave.
- Labia's Ms. Fanservice scene. It's the first time bare breasts are seen and it happened midway through the second series, so the audience's collective guard was down.
- Matt Le Blanc calling up his Friends co-stars and finding out that they're all still pissed off at him for various slights. David Schwimmer and Matthew Perry tag-team against Matt, who is so frustrated by this point that he slanders them respectively for being "an asshole" and on drugs.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Beverly reflects that what she misses most since her breakup with Sean is him holding her. At the end of the episode, he shows her how to ice-skate via the Hands On Method, and she settles contentedly into his arms.
- Jerkass Woobie: Matt Le Blanc. He's boorish and insensitive, yet when you see him getting hounded by the tabloids or fighting a losing battle for custody over his sons, you really feel for him.
- Carol to an extent. She's manipulative and engaging in a May-December affair with her boss, but there's hints that her attraction to him is based on a sense of insecurity rather than status-seeking.
- Our Nudity Is Different: The culture shock of seeing what looks at first like an American show, but created in accordance with British TV values - ie, a less neurotic attitude towards nudity.
- Shipping Bed Death: Explicitly brought up by Matt in defense of a change in the show's romantic dynamics.