open/close all folders
- Acting for Two: Weisz as Angela and Isabel.
- Fake American: British actress Rachel Weisz as both Angela and her twin Isabel.
- What Could Have Been
- A lot of fans of the film (and comic) consider the editing out of Constantine's half-demon sex partner Ellie, based on the succubus Ellie from Hellblazer and played by Michelle Monaghan, to be a loss for the film. The reason given was that it would be harder to believe that Constantine was a bitter loner if he was sleeping with a gorgeous woman, even if she was evil.
- Also, the deletion of many scenes from the original script which dealt with Chas' character. Even if you aren't fond of Shia LaBeouf, the original script gave his character something to actually do, whereas in the final film he disappears for a good two-thirds during the middle, which begs the question why his character wasn't also cut.
- Actor Allusion: "Danse Voudou" finds Chas in Louisiana investigating occult murders done with a blade. He even takes his Yellow Crown Cab Co. car with him.
- Blooper: In the final scene of the TV series pilot, the level of beer in John's glass changes from full to having a large sip taken out of it and back to full.
- The Danza: If you squint. "Chas" is usually short for "Charles," and he's played by Charles Halford (although this Chas is actually short for Francis, not Charles).
- Fake American: New Orleans PD detective Jim Corrigan is played by Irish actor Emmett Scanlan.
- Name's the Same: The TV series is filmed in Atlanta, and the show's star Matt Ryan shares his name with the Falcons' starting quarterback.
- Screwed by the Network: Placed in a very tough airing schedule despite doing fairly good numbers.
- The Wiki Rule: Perhaps in record time, the show acquired one. There's also the ''Arrowverse'' wiki since the show has been retroactively added to it.
- What Could Have Been
- Liv staying for the actual run instead of being replaced after the pilot.
- In early production, the TV series was supposed to have Constantine based in New York City, as promotional materials have Midtown Manhattan in the background, and the Ravenscar Asylum also in the States; however, the final product has Constantine based in Atlanta and Ravenscar back in Northern England.
- The writers have revealed some of the things they wanted to do for season 2- namely, Papa Midnite would become a regular and among other characters, The Spectre would be brought in. There would also be a Bottle Episode inside the house.
- "Rage of Caliban" was intended to be the second episode. They later added the scene where Chas explains that Zed is in art class.