* DuelingShows: Along with ''Family Dog'' and ''Fish Police'', ''...Critters'' was one of several attempts to cash in on the success of ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsons'' with a wider market of prime-time animated shows. ''The Simpsons'' [[CurbStompBattle slaughtered them all]], then [[TakeThat rubbed salt in the wounds]] by putting tombstones of with the competing shows' names in their next "Treehouse of Horror" special.
* FridayNightDeathSlot and ScrewedByTheNetwork: ABC ran the show on Saturday nights, giving it little chance to develop a wider audience.
* FollowTheLeader: As mentioned above, the show was failed attempt to cash-in on the success of the then-new prime-time animated sitcom ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsons''.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: Fox may have let re-runs slip over to Turner/WB (as this show did air in the early days of Cartoon Network, when the channel was a 24/7/365 showcase of Hanna-Barbera animation, both popular[[note]]like ''WesternAnimation/TheFlintstones'', ''Scooby Doo'', ''Tom and Jerry'', and ''Yogi Bear''[[/note]] and obscure), but DVD rights apparently not so much. Even though the one that doesn't have it would probably release it if they did.
* TheMerch: Its brief broadcast life didn't stop it from getting a quartet of Burger King kid's-meal toys.