Trivia: Bob Kingsley's Country Top 40
- On a show in May 2013, Bob said that Gloriana's "Can't Shake You" was at #18... but instead, played Thompson Square's "If I Didn't Have You". Listeners got to hear Thompson Square's song a second time a few minutes later, as it was at #12 on the same chart.
- On the July 7, 2013 show, a production glitch accidentally sped up Jake Owen's "Eight Second Ride".
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer:
- On a December 2012 show, Kingsley made reference to George Strait's 2002 single "She'll Leave You with a Smile"… but accidentally played an unrelated song of the same name that Strait recorded in 1997 (which, unlike the 2002 song, was not released as a single). After a fan sent him an e-mail correcting the error, Kingsley acknowledged the mistake and played the right song on the January 12, 2013 show.
- Two years later, he mentioned that Brett James had co-written Carrie Underwood's "Something in the Water" as well as Billy Currington's "That's How Country Boys Roll", which he then played. The latter was actually co-written by Brett Jones.
- Dueling Shows: With Kingsley's former show, American Country Countdown. Many markets have one station that airs CT40 and another that airs ACC. Some stations even do both, or CT40 and another countdown show.