Trivia: Blackest Night
- I Knew It:
- When the initial idea of the emotional spectrum was floated, with the Orange Ring belonging to "The greediest being in the universe," fans everywhere surmised "Lex Luthor". Then Agent Orange rolled around, and we met Larfleeze. Then came the end of issue #6.
- Subverted when Sinestro became the first White Lantern. Played straight when Hal did it, too.
- The two-page double spread in issue 8 has about a dozen of these, with Martian Manhunter and Aquaman taking center stage.
- Un-Canceled: The black rings even brought back old canceled comics! In January, old comics that were canceled were brought back for one issue for the Blackest Night. They include: The Atom & Hawkman, Catwoman, Phantom Stranger, The Power of Shazam!, Suicide Squad, The Question, Starman, and Weird Western Tales.
- What Could Have Been:
- The Director's Cut issue revealed that there were plans to turn Metamorpho and Kilowog into Black Lanterns as well, with designs by artist Joe Prado and a cover by Greg Horn featuring Kilowog that were ultimately scrapped. A character design for Black Lantern Skyman (Sylvester Pemberton) by Joe Prado has also turned up online.
- There were scenes focusing on Ragman's cloak being besieged by rings, and the D-List villain group the Rainbow Raiders committing group suicide so they would "be on the winning team for once." However, the internal dialog by Hal and Barry indicated that the rings were only resurrecting people with close personal ties to the heroes and villains, and since the Raiders never made an impact on any hero, their bodies are pitifully left alone. These were later finished and included in Untold Tales Of Blackest Night.