- Development Hell: The series had an erratic shipping schedule even before going on hiatus, with the best that the publishers could do was a bi-monthly streak at one point. Post-hiatus, DC announced Dark Knight: Boy Wonder but have yet to solicit a single issue. According to Jim Lee the art for the series is complete, DC just won't publish it, the reasons possibly being that Frank Miller attracts all the wrong attention (see Holy Terror) and the editor who originally commissioned Lee and Miller to do the book, Bob Schreck, was fired in 2009, about a year after the last issue came out (this misanthropic editor went on to finally edit and publish Holy Terror at Legendary Comics).
- Fan Nickname: He is called "The Goddamned Batman" to distinguish him from his mainstream counterpart.
- "Dick Grayson: Age 12."
- In his text reviews, Linkara ends up calling this version BINO, Batman In Name Only. In the video review, he decides that even that name is too Battish, and dubs the character "Crazy Steve," a random insane hobo who found a Batman costume and a lottery ticket, allowing him to live out his crazy antics. Later after seeing Wonder Woman also acting way out of character, he dubs her "Bonkers Betty," who's Crazy Steve's Distaff Counterpart.
- The series itself being referred to as "ASBAR". Pronounced "ASS-bar".
- Schedule Slip: One reason people went after plot points that are supposedly resolved later — this comic's release schedule was abominable.
Protoclown: This monthly comic publishes about three issues a year. You can't rush this kind of quality, folks.