Tearjerker moments from ''Manga/UQHolder'':
* How does the series start? a symbolic shot of Evangeline walking through her life, eventually leaving everyone from the previous series behind, even ''Chachazero'', who breaks down after an unknown amount of time has passed.
** It's also a bit of a TearJerker on a meta level, due to the implication that most of the ''Negima'' cast is ''dead''. If you were fan of the previous series, it's a punch in the gut to realize that a lot of the characters you grew so attached to aren't around anymore.
*** It also gets even worse when one remembers that ''Negima'' also shares a continuity with ''Love Hina'' and ''A.I. Love You'', and that the characters from those manga are also dead and long gone. Essentially you come to realize that, pretty much everyone you've come to know and love are dead, and that the only thing left here are their memories.
*** The anime includes the entire sequence, straight after a slice of Mahora life, giving it an even bigger impact.
* Touta Konoe is later seen praying at the graves of his parents. Their gravestones are positioned on either side of Touta's grandfather's grave, [[spoiler:Negi Springfield]]. [[spoiler: The fact Negi's is more a symbolic death than a literal one doesn't help...]]
* How does the reunion between Fate and Eva goes ? Not good, they start fighting seriously like in early Negima. It seems Fate bears great hatred towards Eva now.
* Fate says that he doesn't love. This means one of two things in regards to [[TheLostLenore Luna's sister]]:
** A) He never got over her death and rejected the concept of love completely.
** B) After 80+ years, [[WhatIsThisThingYouCallLove he still doesn't understand that he loved her]].
* [[spoiler: Sayoko saying goodbye to Santa.]] Despite all the problems she caused, it's clear that she did everything because she thought it would make him happy.
* Touta's dream after nearly being killed. [[spoiler:It has him losing everyone he cared about because he was only a substitute or never even human. Even waking up left him depressed.]]
* Past Evangeline/Yukihime crying in her sleep. [[spoiler: We see flashbacks of her early life including her mother (who looked a lot like her adult Yukihime form, incidentally), her being changed and running off. Then her coming back to see the castle and town she lived in engulfed in flames and everyone apparently dead. We then see her wandering the earth and how truly alone she was for much of the time (up until Dana abducted and trained her anyways).]]
* We always knew that Eva's past sucked, but that [[http://www.mangamint.com/uq-holder-92?page=13 look]] really speaks volumes about how much it did.
* Fate Averruncus actually ''cries'' when [[spoiler: explaining to Touta that Negi's consciousness is on the verge of being overtaken by the Lifemaker]]. Regardless if he fully comprehends it, it's very clear how attached he became to Negi.
* The reveal of [[spoiler:the "Happy Ending Route", i.e., the original ending of Negima, where Asuna was returned to the past, and thus, was able to assist in defeating Ialda for good.]] While this is heartwarming on [[EarnYourHappyEnding one hand]]...on the other, [[spoiler:it's a world where Touta does not exist, because, as he himself notes, it doesn't need him.]] Considering that Touta [[spoiler:was made to serve that exact same purpose, knowing something like this has ''got'' to hurt.]]
** Also, for the fanbase, it reveals who Creator/KenAkamatsu chose as Negi's bride in the original ending... [[spoiler: Chisame.]]
* The reveal of what happened in the current timeline [[spoiler:where Asuna didn't return to the past. Yue, Nodoka, Rakan, and Ku:nel end up getting caught in a trap that assimilates their souls into Ialda. Ku:nel manages to crush Nagi's body, which leaves her without a host, but they intend to seal her away with them for another 40 or so years in his place. Ialda makes another attempt to get Negi's body, however, that kills Fate's pactio-partner Koyomi and then Chisame, leaving both Fate and Negi with nothing but misery.]]
** Not only that, but because of how long it took for them [[spoiler:to find Ialda without Asuna, their world is left in a state where more crises have occurred due to the fact that the existence of magic wasn't revealed earlier. All the suffering and hardships that people have undergone were because of the absence of one person. Santa's death, Sayoko, everything.]]