Tear Jerker: The Stand
- Frannie sewing up a body bag for her dead father and burying him in his garden. All while singing "Amazing Grace".
- The death of Larry's mother. She dies in the hallway of an overcrowded hospital with Larry kneeling beside her, and nobody else cares or even notices.
- Every time when Tom is travelling back to Boulder and looks forward to "seeing Nick again." Oh, the irony.
- Larry having a Heroic BSOD when he and the rest of the True Companions have to leave Stu behind en route to Las Vegas, dooming him to likely death from exposure and a broken leg. Stu has to talk him back to his senses, and Larry becomes the new leader of the mission.
- "And they never saw Stu Redman again."
- For any boy who was the awkward fat outcast kid in school and had trouble leaving all that behind afterwards, Harold Lauder's storyline and eventual fate will hit hard.