Tear Jerker: The Daily Show
- In general, all versions of the I Give Up segment. While Jon does his best to be funny, its really horrifyingly depressing to watch at times.
- September 20, 2001: Jon Stewart in The Daily Show's first episode after September 11th. The Moment of Zen from that episode probably is heartwarming in its own right.
- December 13, 2005: The Moment of Zen for Billy Clarey, a Daily Show employee who was a victim of suicide.
- September 29, 2010: Jon's eulogy to Greg Giraldo.
- December 16, 2010, Jon lamented the Senate blocking a bill to provide health insurance for 9/11 first responders and the complete lack of coverage on the issue by the media including Fox, who regularly takes pride in playing the 9/11 card. After spending the entire first segment chewing them out, he spends the entire second segment interviewing first responders who are suffering serious health problems brought on by their efforts and now can't afford care.
- December 19, 2013. John Oliver's final episode. After a montage of some of his best moments, Oliver is pretty clearly teary-eyed.
- February 3, 2014: The Moment of Zen in honor of Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- December 3, 2014: After the Eric Garner case, where the cop who strangled Garner in New York City was let free with no charges, just a little bit after a grand jury found Officer Darren Wilson innocent of murder charges after his controversial shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO, Jon Stewart is so upset and frustrated by the case and how far our society hasn't gone.
Jon: If comedy is tragedy plus time, I need more time.
- February 10, 2015: Jon announces that he'll retire from hosting The Daily Show by the end of the year.
- March 9, 2015: Congressman and Civil Rights leader John Lewis visits the Daily Show and retells his story of the Selma March.