If we go to the controversial ''Anime/TenchiInTokyo'', there are some moments that stand out:
* Sakuya's reaction when she sees Tenchi after she got StoodUp by him, and she sheds tears despite trying not to:
-->'''Sakuya''': Masaki-kun, you're an horrible liar.
** Double when [[spoiler: the camera pans to Yugi, who's watching over the scene... and she's crying too.]]
* Ryoko's heartbreak when she sees Tenchi and Sakuya kiss. All the more tear-jerking when you see the devastated look on her face after she trusted Tenchi shortly following their date.
* Sakuya's HeroicBSOD [[spoiler: when she realizes that she's got no real memories of her own]];
-->'''Sakuya''' (in a TroubledFetalPosition on the floor of her apartment): "T-Tenchi-kun... help me... ''please''..."
* Yugi's backstory, specially [[spoiler: as she's imprisioned inside a dark tomb after almost destroying Jurai, crying and screaming because she's scared of the dark]]. Made worse when [[spoiler: Empress Hinase, the one sealing her away, is shown ''crying'' too and even [[ApologeticAttacker apologizing]] as she seals her away, [[CryForTheDevil since she hates the idea of doing this to Yugi but can't do anything else]].]]
** Worse, [[spoiler:just before she was defeated and sealed away. She and her ''friends'' looked like they were on a rampage of desruction. But what did Yugi think she was doing? Just playing with her friends...]] Worse still [[spoiler:when she sees Empress Hinases forces attack all she does is beg her to stop hurting her ''friends''.]]
* When [[spoiler: Yugi confronts Sakuya and tells her [[TomatoInTheMirror who she really is]].]] Not feeling at least ''minimally'' sorry for her ([[DieForOurShip regardless of your side in the]] ShipToShipCombat) when [[spoiler: she looks at Yugi in tears and whispers [[DespairEventHorizon "No, no... Tenchi-kun, help me... NOOOOO!"]] right before she's absorbed back into her]], or with the [[spoiler: ReallyDeadMontage in the end of the episode, full of happy Sakuya scenes]]... [[AlasPoorScrappy is, well, extremely hard.]]
* [[TheWoobie Sakuya]]'s entire storyline. [[spoiler: Rarely have the MarySue and RelationshipSue concepts been so thoroughly [[DeconstructedTrope deconstructed]] - Sakuya's not real, and only exists to tear Tenchi away from his TrueCompanions, only to be [[YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness thrown away]] when she's done just that. She even has to perform a HeroicSacrifice to save the hero when he ''fails'' TheFinalTemptation. Yeesh.]]
* Sasami [[spoiler: visting Yugi in the final scene]]. 'Good night, [[spoiler: Yugi]]. Sleep tight.'