* If Galford is hit with a fatal blow, his CanineCompanion Poppy will let out a mournful howl, even shedding a tear for her slain master.
* [[spoiler: [[http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/a/samur2galf.htm Nakoruru]]'s HeroicSacrifice and her [[SpiritAdvisor post-mortem goodbye]] to Galford, the McNinja who was in love with her]] in the second game. It's so heartbreaking that [[ManlyTears it's known to bring tears even from the most hardened gamers]]
** It's not much better in [[spoiler: [[http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/a/samur2nako.htm her own ending]], where we see her grandparents and Rimururu mourning her and her soul also begs them to not grieve.]] It then goes to [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming happy tears]] [[spoiler: as [[TakeUpMySword Rimururu clutches her sister's]] sword and says "I understand...", meaning this is the moment where she decided to fight on.]]
** [[http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/a/samur2ukyo.htm Ukyo's ending]] doesn't help matters. [[spoiler: Retconned or not]], it's still not easy to see [[spoiler: Kei mourning him both as a girl and as an old woman.]]
* The end of the Nakoruru OVA. Specially when [[spoiler: Nakoruru speaks to her mother and asks her if she's crying.]]
* Mikoto's ending in Warrior's Rage, when [[spoiler: she reunites with her parents, Shiki and Asra]]... in a vision.
* Really, Mina's entire existence qualifies. She grew up isolated and feared because of her abilities, she had only one friend, her entire village was razed, and [[spoiler:Chample, the only friend she ever had, turned out to be the one responsible for the destruction. After she killed Chample as an act of revenge, it dawned on her that she was truly alone with him gone. Thus, she [[DrivenToSuicide killed herself soon after.]]]] It's little wonder why she's considered the premiere [[TheWoobie Woobie]] of Samurai Shodown.