- "I Can't Stop Loving You" by Ray Charles.
"They say that time heals a broken heart
But time has stood still since we've been apart..."
- "Georgia on My Mind".
- "Drown In My Own Tears".
- "A Fool For You".
- "You Don't Know Me".
- His rendition of "America the Beautiful", especially after growing up in the Jim Crow South and fighting for Civil Rights
- and "Georgia on My Mind" becoming the official state song and performing it at the State House years after he allegedly was banned from performing in the state.
- His rendition of "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye". The lyrics themselves were already bad enough....
We say goodbye
I wonder why a little
Why the Gods above me
Who must be in the know
Think so little of me
They allow you to go...."
- Real Life example: He saw his brother drown in a bathtub when he was only four. (This was a year before he started to go blind.)
Tear Jerker / Ray Charles
This versatile singer and musician has some very moving songs.