Tear Jerker: Rascal Flatts
This country band has a few tear-triggering songs.
- "Skin (Sarabeth)", about a young cancer patient who survives but loses all of her hair, and frets about the prom until she sees her prom date, who shaves his head out of sympathy.
- "Ellsworth". A moving tribute to a grandmother with Alzheimer's — the only thing she can remember is Ellsworth, Kansas in the 1960s.
- "What Hurts The Most" is another one. Made even more tearjerking when Danny Gokey did a beautiful rendition on American Idol to pay tribute to his recently deceased wife. You can hear the heartbreak in his voice.
- "Why" is a song asking why a friend committed suicide.
- "Here Comes Goodbye" is fairly sad in and of itself, but considering the video shows a dead child telling a recently deceased man, "It's not bad, there's no more goodbyes here" ...
- This tribute to Caylee Anthony, which was co-written by lead singer Gary Levox.
- "I Won't Let Go", which is essentially "Declaration of Protection: The Song".