- "Skin (Sarabeth)", about a young cancer patient who survives but loses all of her hair, and frets about the prom until she sees her prom date, who shaves his head out of sympathy.
- "Ellsworth". A moving tribute to a grandmother with Alzheimer's — the only thing she can remember is Ellsworth, Kansas in the 1960s.
- "What Hurts The Most" is another one. Made even more tearjerking when Danny Gokey did a beautiful rendition on American Idol to pay tribute to his recently deceased wife. You can hear the heartbreak in his voice.
- "Why" is a song asking why a friend committed suicide.
- "Here Comes Goodbye" is fairly sad in and of itself, but considering the video shows a dead child telling a recently deceased man, "It's not bad, there's no more goodbyes here" ...
- For context of how the video changes the meaning from what sounds like a break-up song the boy is implied in the end to be his grandson, and the woman in the song his daughter. The song is from his point of view as he watches her say her last goodbyes and reflects on the memories he didn't live to make with her before crossing over.
- This tribute to Caylee Anthony, which was co-written by lead singer Gary Levox.
- "I Won't Let Go", which is essentially "Declaration of Protection: The Song".
Tear Jerker / Rascal Flatts
This country band has a few tear-triggering songs.