- Any scene involving both Fate and Precia. All of them are heart-wrenching.
- In particular, the reveal that Fate is just a clone and her mother has always hated her. The poor girl can't handle it and just shuts down.
- The whipping scene. Probably the most painful part is that they don't even show it. Instead, we repeatedly get the sicking sound of a whip hitting flesh followed by Fate's screams, while Arf is desperately trying to block out the horror that she's powerless to stop. When the screams finally stop, we get a shot of Fate's face that focuses on her eyes. Her empty, broken eyes. In just one scene, Fate was elevated to eternal Woobie status.
- The bridge scene in the last episode.
Fate: There's something that I figured out. When a friend is crying, you're sad in the same way.
- Precia herself has such a moment. A single line transforms her into a Tragic Villain.
- The last scene in the fifth chapter.
Nanoha: I couldn't help anyone at all, could I?
- Linith's fate, being unable to stay with Fate for her very limited lifespan, both by her contract as a familiar and her master Precia's radiation poisoning. She hoped Fate would be able to have a good relationship with Precia, but that proved impossible because of Fate's nature as a Replacement Goldfish, so all Linith could do for Fate was train her well and express her hopes that she can find a friend.