- Olive trying to hold back tears and whispering to her grandfather that she doesn't want to be a loser "because Daddy hates losers."
- Also "Grandpa won't wake up."
- When Dwayne learns he's colorblind, which means he won't be able to become a test pilot.
- The look on Frank's face when he realises this; he hates himself for having to tell Dwayne the truth, knowing it'll destroy his dream.
- Then when Olive is able to get Dwayne back to the bus.
- This exchange:
Sheryl: I'm so glad you're still here.
Frank: That makes one of us.
- The "Do you think there's a Heaven?" scene between Olive and Frank.