* [[http://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/12/20/are-you-listening/ The last panel especially]]
* "Every dog in the world cries at AllDogsGoToHeaven." [[http://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/05/the-universal-constant/ Here's Bino]]. [[http://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/08/24/my-love-it-has-three-corners/ And here's Peanut later]].
* Sasha seems somewhat prone to being tearjerker material.
** Her abusive "father" [[http://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/12/23/since-weve-no-place-to-go/ kicks her out in the cold]]. On ''[[KickTheDog Christmas Eve]]''. A [[http://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/12/25/housepets-christmas-edition/ previous]] Christmas addition (see panel 5) shows us that she still loves him and wants him to be happy - which just makes everything SADDER. Especially since it's the only panel that doesn't contain humor and/or happiness in any form.
** Anytime that Sasha refers to her owner as "Daddy", despite how he treats her.
* A bit less of one, but Peanut's self-insert/alternate universe comic with Saso. Peanut crying while drawing it doesn't help.
-->'''Saso''': "But I'm dead in my universe."
* A small one but look at Fox's reaction in this [[http://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/10/30/le-gasp/ comic strip...]]
* Any arc starring the third main character, King, [[spoiler:AKA Joel]], is a tearjerker in general. [[FridgeHorror Imagine having some supernatural creature arrive and just turn you into an animal just so that he can make you his avatar for a silly game.]] [[spoiler:Thankfully, [[HeelFaceTurn King gets better]] and [[DidYouJustFlipOffCthulhu turn the tables ]] on [[JerkassGods said supernatural creature]].]]
* [[http://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/03/18/hereafter-thereafter/ This comic]], where one of the celestial entities, Cerberus, has taken the mantle of TheGrimReaper (of TheSacredDarkness variety). She has to take an abandoned, drowned puppy to Heaven.
* The climactic [[http://www.housepetscomic.com/2014/04/28/chain-of-memories/ Heaven's Not Enough]] is depressing at first. Let's just say it involves King and Pete...and the cat (or rather ''dog'') ''literally'' coming out of the bag...
** Especially bad is seeing Fox's reaction to seeing King [[spoiler:turned into Joel, back as a human.]]
* [[BreakTheCutie Fox's]] [[RageBreakingPoint emotional]] [[MomentOfWeakness outburst]] in the latest arc "Real Stories of the K9 PD" when [[SecretKeeper Sabrina]] [[WhatTheHellHero calls him out]] for his "fragile sensibilities". This may be [[BewareTheNiceOnes Fox at his angriest]]. Yes, [[SequelEscalation even more so than]] [[NoHoldsBarredBeatdown that one scene]] near the beginning of [[WhamEpisode Heaven's Not Enough]].[[spoiler:..although [[AntiClimax this is defused]] [[MoodWhiplash surprisingly quickly]] once Fox apologizes to Sabrina for holding a grudge against her and her boyfriend Fido.]]
** After learning [[spoiler:[[TheAtoner King's true identity]]]] two years ago in [[WhamEpisode Heaven's Not Enough]] and now having [[spoiler:his love interest [[BitchInSheepsClothing Sasha]]]] practically [[TheReveal stab him in the back]] [[spoiler:(what with her persistently saying that she tried to kill Keene Milton)]], [[HeroicBSOD it's no wonder]] [[NotMyLuckyDay he feels like]] [[TraumaCongaLine his life is out of control]].
** Perhaps Fox and King [[NotSoDifferent have more in common than they would dare to admit...]]
* [[http://www.housepetscomic.com/comics/2009-08-10-which-is-why-she-doesnt-talk-about-it-much.png Peanut's face in the second panel of this strip]] will make you want to [[TheWoobie hug the poor guy.]]
* Tiger Arbelt's character in general. While he's played as a comic relief, he's still very much a psychologically damaged JerkassWoobie who was treated as a social outcast by other dogs simply because of his name. Also, consider the fact that Marvin is more or less Tiger's only real friend and is pretty much the only character who doesn't fear, shun, avoid or hate him. If you think about it, Tiger is a much more tragic character than he seems at first glance.