- Jaspers accidentally crushes Jade. Unlike a similar moment in Homestuck where it was played for laughs, killing the only companion of someone who otherwise lives alone on an island does exactly what you might think.
- Jaspers' father crying after he acted extremely rude to him. It's obvious that he cares for Jaspers a lot and wants nothing more than for him to be happy, and having his son so upset with him is absolutely heartbreaking. Hell, just the whole subplot with Jaspers and his dad is a tearjerker.
- From Cal's introduction:
Anyway, it's perfectly NORMAL to think of your dolls as having EMOTIONS. And even if it isn't, you really don't give a shit when you're ALONE.
- Knowing exactly how it's going to end, and that they're all going to die.
- And Wyvern crying when her one and only chance to save them fails.
- Bec discovering Jake's tattered bandana.