* Stark's final scene with [[spoiler: Callister]] in the Season 1 episode "Right as Raynes". The boy asks him if it's possible to [[spoiler: give a computer a soul.]] Stark replies with tears in his eyes that he knows it is.
* In the Season 1 finale, after experiencing the altered timeline where [[spoiler: Henry prevented Kim's death via time travel, causing a world-ending paradox]], Jack is forced to travel back in time to prevent the interference. This results in a heartbreaking scene where Jack must [[spoiler: physically stop Henry from rescuing his wife from certain death, as he screams and cries for him to move]].
* [[spoiler: Nathan's]] final scene in Season 3's "I Do Over" and it's aftermath. Nobody saw that coming...
** The DarkReprise of the oft-repeated scene of Jack going to Allison in her tent. The opening lines of the dialogue are the same every time, but the meanings different. And the last time, the meaning has changed completely.
** The message he left in [[spoiler: Alison's necklace, promising he [[DramaticIrony won't leave her alone again]]]].
* The secret behind [[spoiler:Eva Thorne/Mary Perkins past, and the men how died in the bunker]].
* [[spoiler:Kim 2.0's death]] in "Shower the People". Just when it looked like Henry had found happiness (again), it's snatched away (again!) in a very cruel way.
* When S.A.R.A.H. started to ''melt'' (it makes sense in context) and told Carter that it was actually ''hurting'' her. The way she said it, in that meek little whimper. That moment really tore at my hear strings.
* After spending the episode fighting [[spoiler:a dragon]], and the reveal that [[spoiler: Senator Wen]] was behind the events of the Season 4 finale, we get a painfully slow [[spoiler: execution of Holly]], simply for being too smart. Talk about MoodWhiplash...
* Fargo's simple lament to Carter after learning he lied to him about [[spoiler: Holly's death]];
--> '''Fargo''': You lied to me...
** And immediately after that:
--> '''Carter:''' I was trying to protect you.
--> '''Fargo:''' But I couldn't protect [[spoiler: her]].
--> '''Carter:''' I know. Neither could I.
* [[spoiler: Holly (whose mind is stuck in the matrix), upon realizing that she's dead.]]
--> [[spoiler: '''Holly''': You...can't pull me out...can you?]]
--> [[spoiler: '''Fargo''': No...I'm so sorry.]]
* In "I'll Be Seeing You" when Jack finds out [[spoiler:Alison died.]]
* Both scenes in "Friendly Fire" where Fargo is [[spoiler:going through Holly's stuff]]. Especially in the second scene when Parrish comforts Fargo by playing D&D with him.
* When Andy and Jack are in the jail cell together and Andy reflects back to when he got stuck on titan
-->'''Andy''':There has to be a moment when you give up hope. When you forget about what's up there, and you focus on what's down here.
* Jo interacting with Zane after [[spoiler: the timeline shift]]. For her its basically like the man she loved, and who loved her, has died, and she has to face the ghost of him every day. Every single time she has to be near him, you can see the pain on her face.
** Really, the first realization from her that things have changed. She goes to Zane, talks about their relationship and how she realizes what he means and she will marry him. Zane (who's lounging in a jail cell) just looks at her, then bursts out laughing. "Me marry you? In what universe?" He chuckles as he reads and the camera focuses on a stunned Jo realizing that she and Zane never even dated.