[[caption-width-right:350:"All those moments will be lost... in time... like tears in rain. Time... to die."]]
* The cruel way Deckard completely undresses Rachael's humanity, recalling memories no one else could have known had she been a real human. The way she throws away her treasured photo of herself and her mother is heartbreaking.
** Rachael already suspected the truth, especially after Tyrell wouldn't see her after the Voight-Kampff test. She went to Deckard for reassurance, and got smacked in the face with a harsh truth.
* Zhora's retirement. It emotionally sets up Roy's reprieve of Deckard. The song played during this scene, "Blade Runner Blues", also helps give the scene its mood.
** In particular, the fact that she's established as having been designed for combat and killing. When she actually fights Decker, she gets him two solid hits and then spends the rest of the scene running or hiding as Deckard doggedly pursues her, leading to her drawn-out death as she continues to try to flee despite her wounds.
* The way Roy [[spoiler:reacts to brutally killing Tyrell]] is very human and has overtones of sadness and reluctance. Couple this with Sebastian's reaction [[spoiler:at seeing his supposed ally kill his boss and close friend]], Roy's subsequent apology ([[spoiler:"I'm sorry, Sebastian"]]), and lone elevator ride down where he processes these new emotions of sadness, regret, rage, and fear. You've got a very powerful emotional moment.
* Roy Batty's famous soliloquy at the end is very poignant.
-->'''Roy:''' I've... ''seen'' things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...
* Roy tearing up over Pris' corpse and giving her one final kiss after Deckard shoots her dead.
* When Gaff confronts Deckard on the roof. It really drove home the point (in the Director's Cut, anyway) that [[spoiler:Deckard may be a replicant]] and what that means for him and Rachael.
-->'''Gaff:''' It's too bad [[spoiler:she won't live]]! But then again, who does?
* The poor replicants had just discovered love when they (somehow) found out that they'd been constructed with a [[spoiler:four year life expectancy]].
-->'''Leon:''' Painful to live in fear, isn't it?