Unicornus Knights is a cooperative board game created by Seiji Kanai and Kuro, and published in English by Alderac Entertainment Group. The Legnaia Empire has invaded and conquered the Kingdom of Astoria. However, 16-year-old Princess Cornelia escapes, and vows to defeat the Empire and retake the throne of Astoria.
Unicornus Knights provides examples of:
- Amazon Brigade: The Queensguard, commanded by Mirza, consisted solely of women.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Certain characters and cards will cause enemies to switch sides if defeated.
- The Empire: The Legnaia Empire, which invaded and conquered The Kingdom.
- The Kingdom: The Kingdom of Astoria, which was invaded and conquered by The Empire.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Princess Cornelia will attempt to head straight for the capital, and will not avoid a fight, even one she will clearly lose. The players' job is to get her there and defeat the Emperor instead of getting herself killed. Averted if you play using Cornelia's strategist personality card, in which case she is able to move tactically.
- Princess in Rags: Princess Cornelia doesn't take the Empire's invasion lying down, vowing to defeat them and reclaim the throne.