was a series on TruTV that is about car repossessions with a team of highly-trained professionals from California's San Fernando Valley.
Meet the Characters:
- Luis 'Lou' Pizarro - The Boss
- Sonia Pizarro - Lou's sister
- Lyndah Pizarro - Lou's daughter
- Froylan 'Froy' Tercero - Sonia's ex-husband
- Matt Burch - A friend of Froy.
- Carlos Lopez - One of two new people hired
- Ronnie Lee- One of two new people hired
Lou: "It ain't no joke...''
Lyndah, Sonia and Froy: "...if you don't pay that note."
This show contains examples of:
- Bad Bad Acting: The show contains terrible acting, and the disclaimer at the beginning of the show says the repos are based on real events, which means the show are just reenactments of actual reposessions that have taken place already. Hence the really bad acting and over the top situations.
- Bald of Awesome: Matt
- Butt Monkey: Matt
- California: More specifically the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
- The Chew Toy: Matt again. He has been:
- Cool Shades: Matt's sunglasses.
- Cross Over: Lou appeared on an episode of Pit Boss, calling on Shorty and his crew for help when he found a pit bull locked inside a Suburban he was attempting to repo.
- Does Not Like Guns: Despite his reputation as a major badass, Matt has major issues with guns and considers people other than law enforcement personnel who use them to be cowards. He's also deathly afraid of tasers.
- Everybody Must Get Stoned: Frankie seemed to be high as a kite during a repo.
- Five-Man Band: It makes sense when you think about it...
- Gentle Giant: Matt (minus the "don't push him" part). The guy is a big bald dude with tree-trunk arms, but is actually quite friendly.
- Idiot Ball: A woman offers new recruit Robert to have sex with him in exchange for leaving her car, then accuses Robert of sexual harassment while an entire crew recorded their previous dialog. She's still at it while the police are reviewing said recording.
- Jerkass: Lyndah, Sonia and sometimes Lou.
- Mockumentary: This show is filmed like Cops, but it is also scripted.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: At the beginning of every episode: "The stories that are portrayed in this program are based on real events. The names of the characters were changed in order to protect their identities...and some honor."
- Pillow Pregnancy: This occurs in an episode in which a woman fakes being pregnant, even going so far as to fake going into labor, in order to keep her car from being repossessed. When her ruse was found out, the Repo team was not happy.
- Reality TV
- Rule of Drama: This show loves this trope. Granted, some of these moments are realistic enough to instil suspension of disbelief, but others...not so much.
- Sound Effect Bleep
- Spoiled Brat: Lyndah.
- Token White: Matt. "You know it's always easier to blame the big white boy."
- Watch the Paint Job: The team make sure not to damage any of the cars. Especially their big red tow truck.
- Broken Treasure: A group of rowdy junkyard workers hold Matt and Luis back while one of their friends proceeds to trash the car using a crane-like device.
- Understatement: "If these guys get behind the wheel and hit a pole or kill someone, that's not cool."