Series: Losing It With Jillian
Supernanny meets The Biggest Loser
Super-trainer Jillian Michaels of The Biggest Loser
moves in with a family for a week to change their eating habits, their weight, and their lives.
Began airing in the summer of 2010, as Jillian is busy with The Biggest Loser
during the rest of the year.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: What she manages to do with the Yavapai Apache nation is fabulous. What the Yavapai Apache manage to do for themselves - is miraculous.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Jillian can't dance. At all.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Elijah Vivio. Just... Elijah Vivio.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: We see a much softer side of Jillian here. She's been defrosting slowly since Biggest Loser, but there's less yelling and more pep talks on this show. Not that she isn't still a complete hardass.
- Fetish Fuel Station Attendant: Jillian is tiny, gorgeous, compassionate, hardheaded, opinionated, determined, kittenish, and borders on being a dominatrix at times. This makes her... rather sexy.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Jillian is 5'2" and maybe a hundred pounds soaking wet. So it was kind of hilarious to see her with the Vivio family, all of whom - including mom Laverne - topped six feet easily and were generally built like linebackers even when they were fit. Jillian - er - got picked up a lot in that episode. At one point she was scooped up with one arm and spun around.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Jillian.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Beth Hart's "Learning to Live".
- Tear Jerker: The story of the wife's dead son in the first episode is enough to break anyone's heart. It was so sad, it made Jillian cry - and Jillian does not cry. She yells, she screams, she wears disappointment and devastation all over her face more exquisitely than most Hollywood actors, but she does not cry. Or she didn't... until now.
- Tsundere: Jillian, as per usual, swings between hardass trainer and sympathetic counselor as the situation demands.