A One-Episode Wonder unsold pilot that aired on NBC in 1991. Written by Conan O'Brien and Robert Smigel, Lookwell starred Adam West as Ty Lookwell, a has-been actor who played the title role in a detective show called Bannigan. He tries to use his TV crime-solving experience (and an honorary badge he received because of his TV show) to solve actual crimes, which he does poorly.
This show provides examples of:
- Adam Westing: Duh.
- Captain Obvious:Detective: We'll do what we can, sir, but this is the fifth lot to have a classic car stolen this week.Lookwell: Sounds like a string of classic car thefts. You boys better check it out.
- Eureka Moment: Lookwell has several of these in the episode. Unfortunately, they all lead him in the wrong direction.
- Ice-Cream Koan: "You never waste time, Jason. Time wastes you."
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Lookwell thinks he can use his TV crime-solving experience to solve real crimes, but fails.
- Mistaken for Gay: Lookwell goes undercover at an auto painting shop he suspects is painting stolen cars, and makes a wink-wink offer to the shop owners to do any "...special jobs, that need...extra attention." They think he's asking for gay sex.
- Shout-Out: The show mentions the detective shows Banacek and Mannix, as well as the non-existent Brannigan(starring Hugh O'Brian) and Bennigan(starring George Kennedy).
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.