'''''Joséphine, ange gardien''''' ('''''Joséphine, Guardian Angel''''') is a French television series (produced with Belgium and Switzerland) about a [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin guardian angel called Joséphine]] who is sent from Heavens to the human world in order to help people. In each episode, she is given a special mission where she needs to fix a specific problem between some persons. She has magical powers but she is not allowed to use them too often, and has to rely mainly on psychology and generosity to take care of situations.
The series started in 1997, [[LongRunners and shows no sign of stopping]]. Joséphine is played by French actress Mimi Mathie, who has dwarfism (she is 4 ft. 3 in. tall).
!!''Joséphine, ange gardien'' provides examples of the following tropes:
* BadassFingerSnap: Joséphine's trademark gesture.
* BagOfHolding: Joséphine often carries this kind of magic bag.
* CoconutSuperpowers: Joséphine doesn't use her powers often, and when she does, it is usually if the special effect is easily done (such as objects appearing or disappearing).
* TheNapoleon: Joséphine sometimes shows signs of this.
* OurAngelsAreDifferent: Taking the form of a woman with dwarfism here.
* TeleportersAndTransporters: Teleporting is Joséphine's most used power.
* UnusuallyUninterestingSight: Nobody makes any comments about Joséphine's very short size, or describe her the way she is.
* VerySpecialEpisode: Several episodes handle RealLife social problems, such as teenage parenthood, ex-convict readjustment to society, or exploitation of immigrants.
* WidgetSeries: It's a Weird French Thing.