Fonejack/ v. 1. to seize control of a telephone conversation by farce esp. to divert it from reason and logicFonejacker is a BAFTA award-winning British comedy programme broadcast on Channel Four featuring a series of prank calls involving a number of different characters performed by Kayvan Novak. It first appeared in May 2006, although it did not become a full series until 2007.The show is based around a Mysterious Malevolent Masked Man known only as the Fonejacker, and the numerous prank calls he makes, under the guise of various characters in attempts to confuse or annoy unsuspecting members of the public.The show entered its third series under the name "Facejacker" and with a different format: instead of making prank calls The Fonejacker adopts various disguises, in a similar manner to Da Ali G Show.
This series provides examples of:
- Alter Ego Acting
- B Roll Rebus
- Bears Are Bad News: Vishka! Vishkofski! And his amazing dancing bear!
- Candid Camera Prank
- Cool Mask
- Cool Shades
- Depraved Bisexual: Donald Donaldson.
- For Inconvenience, Press "1": The Flatline. Later, Moira's Fish and Chips.
- Funny Foreigner: Mr Doovdé, George Agdgdgwngo, the Chinese DVD Gang, Vishka Vishkofski, Mr Broadbandings... most of the characters.
- Mad Libs Dialogue: The Fonejacker imitates the stilted cadence of automated telephone systems in the flatline/ticketline calls.
- Operator from India: The Internet/Mobile Network/Relationship/Fish and Chips Service Providings man.
- Phone Booth
- The Unpronounceable: Agdgdgwngo.