Series: Amish Mafia
Deep in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania there are the quiet Amish. They live a simple religious life that leaves them vulnerable to those who want to abuse them. The Amish doesn't go to the Police or any outside law enforcements. They go to a secret group named 'The Amish Mafia'.
This series provides examples of:
- Aborted Arc: The majority of the show's subplots ultimately amount to nothing.
- The Alcoholic: Crazy Dave. He's more of a party animal than a party organizer.
- Badass: Wayne. Despite his small stature he WILL kick your ass if necessary to collect money or find a way to call you out if you dare as much mess with him or his girl.
- The Baroness: Esther. She may look like your typical Amish woman but she's not above manipulating everyone (including her brothers) to gain status in their community.
- Blatant Lies: When word about the show being fake reached its peak, many commercials and characters would state that its "All Real."
- The Chessmaster: Merlin and to some extent Esther, Alan and John. Levi however, he tops them all.
- Christmas Episode: "A Very Amish Christmas."
- Cloudcuckoolander: Freeman in earlier seasons. Merlin, for sure.
- Enemy Mine: Season 4 seems to be setting this up between Levi and Merlin by introducing a common enemy: Doug's Mennonites.
- Evil Cripple: The Bear, the most terrifying Amishman in all of Indiana, turns out to be one of these.
- Face-Heel Turn: Alan, willing to partner with his people's latest enemies all in the name of reviving his father's business. Not that he was ever good though...
- Fat Girl: Mary.
- Hearing Voices: Merlin believes God is speaking to him.
- Heel-Face Turn: John, in season 3.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Merlin in season 4. He wants to save the Amish of Lancaster from Doug and his minions, but he also wants a piece of Levi's Amish Aid control in the process.
- Hillbilly Horrors: The Kentucky Amish.
- Kavorka Man: Merlin to an Amish woman named Mary who's equally the Gonk in their relationship.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Freeman Schmucker's supposed demonic possession is much more likely a simple case of schizophrenia.
- Neighbourhood-Friendly Gangsters: Levi's gang's duty is to help out his community. Half the community sees Levi as a saint.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Doug (Devil Doug is his nickname). The Mennonites under his domain are commanded in a rally to take back Lancaster from Levi and his "bearded breeders".
- Tattooed Crook: Jolin has several tattoos. It is taboo for ordinary Mennonites to have tattoos, so it is supposed to paint him as an absolute rebel.
- The Starscream: Caleb, turning his back on Levi to work for Doug.
- Undying Loyalty: Alvin, to Levi.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Presents itself as Reality TV, or at least re-enactments of true events. Most often it is not.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In Season 4, John, Esther, Jolin, Alvin, and Wayne do not appear. Some receive brief mentions, others not at all.
- Your Cheating Heart: Levi. Being with several girlfriends on the side doesn't help.