Recap: The Three Stooges Idiots Deluxe
Idiots Deluxe is the 85th short subject starring The Three Stooges, released on June 20, 1945.Moe is on trial for assaulting Larry and Curly during a Horrible Camping Trip. Moe appeals to the judge (Vernon Dent), claiming he is a sick man who was instructed by his doctor to maintain peace and quiet, and the audience is shown what happened from there. Moe's peace was broken by Larry and Curly, who were loudly rehearsing their "The Original Two-Man Quartet" routine. Moe cracked, and wrapped Curly's trombone slide around the "quartet's" necks. Realizing Moe is in bad shape, Larry and Curly decided to take their ailing leader on a hunting trip in the woods to relieve his stress. Moe agreed, but the trip was anything but relaxing after the trio were hounded by a bear.
- Bears Are Bad News
- Courtroom Episode: Though the hunting trip takes up the bulk of the episode.
- Department of Redundancy Department:Judge: You face charges of attempt to commit mayhem.
Curly: You mean murder!
Larry: Yeah! He tried to kill us, too!
- Hard Head: When Moe hits Curly over the head with an axe, all it does is bend and warp the end.
- Horrible Camping Trip
- How We Got Here
- Leave the Camera Running: As the bear eats their food.
- Literal-Minded: Larry thinks a sign reading "Fine For Hunting" means it must be a fine spot to hunt on.
- Plank Gag: Moe accidentally hits a police officer with an axe this way at the trial.
- Shot in the Ass: Happens to Moe, after he hides under a bear rug and Curly mistakes him for the bear.
- Stock Animal Diet: The bear finishes off a whole jar of honey with his exceptionally long tongue.
- Vacation Episode