- Berserk Button: Hurting Bart proves to be one for Strangles. Homer's routine strangling of Bart prompts the snake to strangle him MUCH worse in return.
- A Boy and His X: Initially, it starts with "A Boy and His Dog", but then it briefly goes with "A Boy and His Python".
- Cheaters Never Prosper: The man who won the cornucopia contest by stuffing his horn with a piece of styrofoam.
- Dungeon Bypass: Averted and defied. Homer tried to do this to get out of the corn maze, but apparently it had been lined with an electric fence to ensure people got out properly.
- Epic Fail: Somehow, while trying to head back to the car, Homer ended up getting the family trapped in the corn maze.
- Gag Boobs: It is revealed that Homer's man boobs have gotten so large that he needs a sports bra to use the stairs.
- Loyal Animal Companion: Strangles' dialogue shows how loyal he became towards Bart.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Santa's Little Helper feels bad after he bites Bart.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Strangles accidentally knocks down a set of chemicals that when mixed together create a toxic cloud that almost kills Bart when he stays in the school looking for Strangles.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Averted. Despite his rather menacing appearance, Bart's pet snake Strangles is completely loyal to him. When Homer strangles Bart, Strangles strangles him, and when Bart is in danger thanks to mix chemicals in the school, he comes to rescue him. The worst thing he does is eat Martin's pet rabbit, which he did with Bart's approval.
- Serious Business: Apparently, the farmers sees cheating in a cornucopia contest as a crime that amounts to death.
- Shout-Out: The episode's title is a reference to Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot.
- Vigilante Execution: Implied to be done to the guy who won a cornucopia contest by stuffing his horn with styrofoam.Marge: I can testify at the trial!
Random Farmer: Ain't gon' be no trial.